Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

No period for 2 whole weeks - not pregnant. Is this it?

(3 Posts)
phewnotpregnant Mon 17-Nov-14 19:58:37

It's very odd. I have been as regular as clockwork. For the past few years my periods have followed a pattern on 2-3 really heavy days, a 24 hour period of Nothing and then endless dribs and drabs of very dark brown discharge that stops and starts and can still be happening 11 or 12 days in. It was like bleeding between my periods and 3 years I had a sample taken from my womb (just a scraping, didn't need a sedative it involved a transvaginal scan). That came back clear and so I just put it down to perhaps the start of the menopause. But then I've continued being regular until this month when nothing is happening. I even did a pregnancy test,although it was highly unlikely I was pregnant but I terrified myself with the possibility.

Just feels weird. I keep thinking I am going to have a massive gush and get caught out which is a bit worrying. Has anyone just stopped like this? Appreciate I could come on at any time!

phewnotpregnant Sat 22-Nov-14 17:44:16

OK so was 18 days overdue. Guess this is the start of the wind-down. Am 48 wonder if I should go to the Doctors? Is there any point? No idea about HRT and whether I should/shouldn't have it. Scared off by stories of increased incidence of breast cancer but I don't know whether that has any basis in fact? Is the main reason people go for HRT because of osteoporosis - does it protect against bone-thinning? Guess I have a lot of research to do.

DayLillie Sat 22-Nov-14 22:05:23

www.menopausematters.co.uk/

Check out this website and find out as much as you can. There is plenty info on benefits and risks of hrt, if that is what you want to do, as well as looking after yourself and healthy living.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now