Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

is it even worth going to the gp?

(4 Posts)
ScarlettInSpace Wed 26-Mar-14 08:22:14

Hi everyone, hope you can help me out with a question.

Potted history, as well as only having 1 tube, I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve in 2012. 2 failed IVF's (1 egg on first go, 3 on 2nd that fertilised abnormally). My FSH at the time was 12 & my amh was 4.22.

Since I cam off the pill in 2011 my cycles have always been 26-28 days, 2-3 day bleed with2-3 days spotting either side. The only longer cycles have been due to treatment/supplements; last treatment was June 2013 and I stopped taking all supplements in November 2013.

This cycle is now ridiculous, I'm more than 3 weeks late, it started with spotting for 13 days, and now on CD49. Another bfn thus morning so it's not that sad

OH wants me to go to the go but I think there is nothing they can do and it will be a waste of time as I think it's perimenopause which at 37 is more tgan a bit shit. Any advice? Is it the end, & Is it even worth a trip to the gp? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks in advance x

ScarlettInSpace Wed 26-Mar-14 08:24:59

Oh I had a couple of weeks of really bad night sweats about 3 weeks ago but I could be overthinking that as changing the duvet back to the thinner summer one seems to have helped blush

vitaminC Wed 26-Mar-14 08:38:21

Sounds like low progesterone. Not sure how easy it is to get a prescription for supplements in the UK but definitely worth mentioning, especially if you have a history of infertility!

1966gettingold Thu 27-Mar-14 06:55:40

Go onto the menapause matters forum. Loads of info and some very knowledgable ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now