Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

HRT - Does it make breasts bigger ?

(10 Posts)
Littlemissnutmeg Mon 17-Feb-14 19:00:12

My doctor has just prescribed me Prempak C, i'm 38, dianosed as being perimenopausal when i was 37. I'm having lots of menopausal symptoms and i also have noticed that my breasts seemed to have shrunk and sagged. I'm upset by this as i always had nice breasts, despite giving birth several times. They have always been a C/D cup and fairly full and firm. Now they look shrivelled. Also, my husband is a lot younger than me, only been married for 2 years, unfortunately he loves ladies with big breasts, like DD plus! Nobody ever mentioned that perimenopause causes breasts to get smaller. As if menopause under age 40 wasn't bad enough, i now have to deal with having horrid breasts too. Quite frankly i no longer feel sexy and feminine and it's affecting my sex drive and general well being. I'm terrified my husband no longer fancies me. He says he finds it hard to get turned on when having sex with a woman with small breasts, although he says mine are ok. I want big bouncing boobs to satisfy him and feel good about myself. Will HRT give me bigger boobs ?

Theconstantlygardening Tue 18-Feb-14 10:12:33

I think you need to address the issues with your DH!
Don't you think it's sad that you feel the need to change your body so he'll stick around?
Hard to say if the HRT will do anything- hasn't made much difference to me but everyone's different.

If it bothers you that much save up for breast surgery but you need to sort out your relationship first- you are always going to be under this pressure if a younger partner says stupid things about women's bodies and makes you feel rubbish.

Littlemissnutmeg Wed 19-Feb-14 20:39:56

I want my breasts to be how they used to be, this menopause seems to have sucked the life out of them. It's not so much to please my husband, more for me. I can't afford breast surgery.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Wed 19-Feb-14 20:50:06

To be brutally honest, it is ageing (and weight fluctuation) that makes breasts sag, and, although HRT slows done certain ageing processes, it does not reverse them.

I started peri menopause early at 4, and am on my third type of HRT. None of them changed the size of my bust, and I could probably hold an entire pencil cafe under each. But that's what it is. No, I don't like it. But I have to choose between resenting what I've got and learning to accept and even love the 'new' me.

My dh is also younger than me, but he, too, will sag one day. If he has issues with my ageing processes I will remind him that I love both him and his grey hairs/ear hair/Denis Healey eyebrows/receding hairline/wrinkles/etc.

Littlemissnutmeg Wed 19-Feb-14 21:23:43

Ha ha!! Iv'e always been able to hold a pencil under mine, even in my early 20s, before having children, but they were always fuller and more rounded. I'm aware that ageing does lots of horrid things to our bodies but my boobs were ok up until last year when meno began to really kick in. Now they look withered and oval shaped, droopy. I read it's due to lack of estrogen that causes breasts to shrink, so i was hoping with HRT some of that lost estrogen will be replaced, therefore making my breasts fuller. My hubby is 12 years younger than me, quite a bit younger hey! He's now starting to get a few grey hairs (likely caused by the stress of being married to me!!) but he has a long way to go before catching me up with the dreaded wrinkles and so on! x

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Wed 19-Feb-14 23:04:19

You cradle snatcher! Mine's a schoolboy compared to yours wink

grin

Littlemissnutmeg Thu 20-Feb-14 00:00:05

That's why the pressure is on to stay looking young and sexy! x

fidelma Sun 23-Feb-14 19:54:44

Mines 12 years older!

fidelma Sun 23-Feb-14 19:54:59

Time to laugh x

Sneezecakesmum Sat 08-Mar-14 21:06:25

Yes HRT makes your boobs bigger, at least it did with me.

Also keeps wrinkles at bay for a bit longer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now