Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Sore hands and feet

(9 Posts)
fidelma Fri 31-Jan-14 13:51:11

Are sore hands and feet symptoms of perimenapase ? Has anyone experienced this. I am having a stressful time. I am finding the symptoms hard to cope with.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 31-Jan-14 16:51:36

Sorry you are having a stressful time. Why not mention it to your GP? Is there anything else that you have noticed eg extreme tiredness, change in weight, eye strain?

Sore hands and feet aren't something I have heard of from friends during chats about menopausal symptoms. I do know around our 40's there is so much changing, any conditions in your family history can emerge around now.

Until I was in my mid 40's I had only ever seen my GP about birth control, holiday jabs or pregnancy. Perhaps you are the same, it doesn't make you a hypochondriac if there's something bothering you.

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Fri 31-Jan-14 17:21:56

I have that from time to time along with shoulders, knees and elbows! Sometimes I have days where I wake up and suddenly all my joints ache.

Being tense makes it much, much worse - I have been quite tense since coming off the pill and am sure it is hormone related. I go round with my teeth clenched.

Try exercise classes that teach relaxation - yoga, pilates etc. Then practice the relaxation techniques at every oportunity. I is the only thing to help so far sad

fidelma Fri 31-Jan-14 18:37:00

Thanks. Its the symptoms that are stressing me out!
I taech pilates and am doing my best to relax.
I have loads of the 35 perimenapusal symptoms. I am tired but recover after sleep. I am a bit heavier sad
My eyes are good but dry?!?!

summertimeandthelivingiseasy Fri 31-Jan-14 21:35:50

I feel I am having to unclench my teeth every 5 minutes. As soon as I have reached the end of my relaxation cycle, I have to start again.

Off to the bath for a bit more relaxation!

TheCrackFox Fri 31-Jan-14 21:40:32

I have heard it can sometimes be a sign of an underactive thyroid. Might be worth getting tested for that?

Snog Sun 02-Feb-14 07:11:44

im having this too and wondering if its arthritis

itwillbebetter Sun 02-Feb-14 18:25:24

Yep, sore hands and feet and practically every other moving part of me. Google menopausal arthralgia. My joint pains are horrific and after having every blood test and scan possible (now under rheumatologist) they have said its most likely due to the menopause. HRT hasn't helped either sad

fidelma Wed 05-Feb-14 20:24:32

Hopefully it will go away after the menapause?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now