Talk

Advanced search

Shouty and moody 47 year old. Menopace help?

(13 Posts)
EmeraldJeanie Sat 26-Oct-13 15:58:54

That's it really. Just shouted at my eldest ds about marble run mess and screamed at dh for smell of burnt toast around the house. I am moody, panicy, anxious. Not all the time but much more frequent than normal. Painful lumpy breasts, palpitations on occasion, light headedness. I could go on. Oh yes.. periods a bit odd though still pretty regular. They take ages to get going and then heavy whoosh and sudden stop.
About to have bubble bath and small glass of wine and leave nervous family watching football in peace..
Will Menopace help? I bought some today.

Missbopeep Sat 26-Oct-13 20:55:22

I'd say you have to suck it and see- what works for 1 person won't for another. Good luck.

Gerijrich Sat 26-Oct-13 21:29:11

Hi I tried menopace and it worked for about 6 months and then boy did the anxiety start. I would say try it, if it works just keep an eye on how you feel and see a doctor as soon as symptoms return if they do.

EmeraldJeanie Sun 27-Oct-13 05:50:31

Thank you both of you. I will give it a go. On offer in Tesco so bit the bullet and bought some. Feels like a turning point in life!

MyBoilsAreFab Fri 01-Nov-13 20:52:44

My dr recommended Menopace to me earlier this week, will get it too if on offer in Tesco, and we can compare notes!

Rockdoctor Fri 01-Nov-13 21:14:31

Try it and see - but don't accept your anxiety and moodiness as normal or let things gradually get worse until one day you wake up and realise you can't function any more. I'm a year or two ahead of you and didn't go and see my GP until relatively recently. I wish I'd gone sooner.

peanutbutterandbanana Thu 07-Nov-13 10:15:29

Hello
I know it is a few days after this thread started but I was just about to start a thread asking for advice on HOW TO STOP FEELING SO DAMNED GRUMPY all the time and then came across this thread. I'm 50 with 3 children aged 10-16 so still doing full on parenting stuff and frankly I would be quite happy some days to sell them all and go to bed for a week. What does Menopace do? And Rockdoctor - what did your doctor advise that obviously works and you wish you'd gone sooner?
Please advise what to take to take this general feeling of being pissed off all the time!
Thank you

EmeraldJeanie Sat 09-Nov-13 18:01:04

Hello all again, not checked posts for a while. Well I need to remember to take my Menopace! Not on offer any more at Tesco MyBoilsAreFab so hope you got some. I am interested in knowing why your GP thought it might work.
Hi Rockdoctor. What did your GP recommend?
I sympathise peanut. Having period at the moment which means some bloating gone down but I must try and control grumpiness. I think a bit better but not sure if Menopace or not.

EmeraldJeanie Tue 26-Nov-13 13:56:09

Just to let you know that Tesco Menopause vits seem identical in their ingredients to Menopace but are half the price.
I have just bought some...

Rockdoctor Thu 28-Nov-13 20:44:33

My GP recommended something called Claira (or Qlaira?). Anyway, it's a combined contraceptive pill that works as HRT or something like that. I'm three months in and the first month was like a dream, I was a different person, but then the grumpiness and insomnia started creeping back so I'm going back to the GP next week to see what she suggests.

Deechoclab Thu 17-Oct-19 22:31:26

Hi there I was wondering if anyone can help with recovering something over the counter for menopause? I've been perimenopause for 9 years and am finally menopausal at 45. I have been okay with symptoms like flushes and mood swings but since end of my periods I resent my hubby and I am not as affectionate with kids. Help! I'm not myself if it wasn't for walks with my dog I think I'll loose marbles 😭

LuckyElle Sat 19-Oct-19 14:44:29

How about Oestrogel pump-pack 0.06 gel?
Is anyone on the gel? Does it help ?
My OB just recommended it to me .
His wife is on it too.
Better than patches.
He swears by it and says all his patients love it.

LuckyElle Fri 25-Oct-19 21:24:16

Hello , please I need your thoughts ..
Been taking estrogel pump for over a week.
I feel more calm but can it make you more low ?
I already have depression but these days I'm feeling much worse suicidal.
Is it normal ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »