Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Strange `periods`

(4 Posts)
fayebebaby Tue 28-May-13 11:28:14

I am 47 almost 48, for the last couple of years periods have been heavy and eratic - sometimes going 3/4 months between, I have also got a small fibroid. The last 2 months there has been almost nothing, just really on wiping when it`s been brownish in colour, am thinking I am peri menopausal but is this normal - whatever normal is??! thanks

meditrina Tue 28-May-13 11:36:15

Yes, I think this falls within normal - but if you're not sure, see your GP.

FWIW, my periods vary between short cycle and scanty, and long cycle and awful. I also had mid-cycle bleeding, so have recently had a full gynae once-over, and sinister causes have been excluded. It's been put down to not ovulating every month now, but hormones having a wild fandango when I do.

geologygirl Tue 28-May-13 11:38:13

Yes I reckon it's normal but I would see your GP. Just to rule out any infection etc. Set your mind at ease. ..

fayebebaby Tue 28-May-13 13:16:24

thanks for the replies - am never away from the GP, went in October after having a really heavy period and I mean heavy and now worried because of a very light one!! - and probably get an internal thrown in for free!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now