Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Possible Anxiety

(4 Posts)
Possum66 Thu 25-Apr-13 12:53:29

Hi has anyone experience slight anxiety in the lead up to menopause for example, shaking for no apparent reason - any advice etc gratefully received.

Allfurcoatandnoknickers Thu 25-Apr-13 21:48:15

Anxiety was my worse symptom of the menopause. I would be awake a lot in the night with racing thoughts, and also felt on edge and easily upset by things that wouldn't normally bother me. It's worth getting bloods done to check on whether it could be menopause if you are unsure, I read that serotonin levels fall as oestrogen is depleted, so you can understand why you feel anxious!

gerbilsarefun Sat 18-May-13 17:08:31

It might be worth getting a blood test done, I had anxiety (normally v. laid back), shaking and palpitations with an overactive thyroid. I am also going through the menopause (yipee!) but haven't had the same symptoms.

BelaLugosisShed Sun 19-May-13 14:11:19

I'm on fluroxetine for menopausal anxiety/mood swings/flushes, I'm just going into my 3rd month and feel great, the severe anxiety/feelings of paranoia have all but gone. I can't have HRT so I'm glad it's working so well, it's also used for severe PMS, which I had in my thirties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now