Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Elleste Duet HRT

(1 Post)
Menofrantic Mon 08-Apr-13 17:44:41

Hi ,I'm new on here , what a great site!
I have been struggling with Peri menopausal symptoms for some time now , but only plucked up courage to see my Doctor a few weeks ago after feeling so low , I thought I had become depressed , hence my trip to see him.
My symptoms were mostly very low moods - anxiety - feelings of inadequacy - being snappy and night sweats.
I have become someone I don't recognise and seem to struggle with daily tasks .
He gave me the above HRT and told me to give it 3months .
The upside is the first 16 oestrogen orange tablets have been great for mood management , but the downside is large sore boobs and a feeling of gaining weight .
Boobs still growing ;( and sore .
I'm now on the last few tables of the cycle, which are progesterone containing Norethisterone ( I seem to not get on with this hormone as had it before for excessive bleeding and made me very snappy )
The thing is , I need to get this imbalance right and don't know if I should go back try something else or give it 3 months as suggested .
I feel like I did when I first got pregnant bloated and big boobs, feel rubbish .
Surely Doctors can see what hormone is inbalanced by a simple blood test ?.
Are there any of you sufferers with similar symptoms that can advise .
Feel so horrible ;( .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now