Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Dry fanjo help!

(5 Posts)
orangeflutie Wed 31-Oct-12 15:54:15

I thought I would try posting on this board as hopefully someone will have experience of this.

Last month I had keyhole surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, my left ovary and some endometriosis. I appreciate it's still early days regarding recovery but ever since I've been suffering from a dry fanjo blush.

It feels different and slightly uncomfortable during sex. I spoke to my doctor about it and she's recommended Replens MD. I've tried this and it's not making much difference. I've not yet got any other signs of the menopause so what can I do? I'm presuming until I start the menopause I won't be able to use any oestrogen creams but really don't want this to go on for too long as it's ruining my sex life help! sad.

marriednotdead Wed 31-Oct-12 16:06:21

I've posted about this elsewhere, having had the same problem for the last couple of years (coincidentally?) since endometriosis treatment. I tried two hormonal pessary/cream treatments but they made me bleed so the GP stopped them. Also tried Replens but not that impressed.

Give Sylk a try. They'll send you a free sample but it's available on prescription. It's made a world of difference to me and DH. Yes, you need to use it 'at the time' but it feels natural and it's a small price to pay for pain free sex. I was convinced that nothing would work and that I'd end up divorced, and it has been a very pleasant surprise.

MissBoPeep Wed 31-Oct-12 17:56:27

Go to the drs and ask for local oestrogen cream- Ovestin or Vagifem ( that one is a pessary.)

I don't know why you think you need some absolute menopause state before you can use these.

If you have lost an ovary then you may be well into peri-meno so using hormone creams is okay.

They are not just for menopasual women- some women who are dry after breastfeeding or giving birth use them to get things back to normal.

orangeflutie Wed 31-Oct-12 20:02:03

Thank you very much for your replies. I will try anything to sort this problem out. Much appreciated smile.

marriednotdead Wed 31-Oct-12 21:15:37

The ones missbopeep mentioned are the ones I tried. Vagifem was better but as I said, if you have endometriosis and it triggers bleeding, your GP may take you off of it.

Good luck, there are solutions out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now