Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I am Billy Groat Gruff...will threading get rid of all my facial bristles.

(20 Posts)
ParsleyTheLioness Mon 22-Oct-12 08:54:03

I have tried getting it waxed, and the (young) beautician just does what she calls a lip and chin, but tbh I need it over most of my chin, and all down my throat to get the odd ones. I have been using cream, which is good for the soft ones, but still end up pulling the stiff ones out (TMI)

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 24-Oct-12 21:59:44

Anyone? Can't be the only one obsessing over facial hair...

MissBoPeep Fri 26-Oct-12 08:40:27

Why not try posting on the Style& Baeuty forum? I dodn't think that this is really a meno problem TBH.

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 26-Oct-12 15:28:44

It is....never had it until the meno BoPeep, but good idea, I will go over there too.

MissBoPeep Fri 26-Oct-12 17:58:59

it's your hormones luv smile but the only answer is HRT or get them all lasered off- that way they will never come back.

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 26-Oct-12 18:51:32

I thought lasoring didn't get the white ones though...

MissBoPeep Sat 27-Oct-12 11:28:33

Why do you think that?
I'm no expert on chim hair but thought laser killed all hairs for ever. Colour or strength shouldn't matter. Go see a beautician.

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 27-Oct-12 16:18:24

I have been told this, by a beautician. It might have been the pulse light hair removal though...

MissBoPeep Sat 27-Oct-12 21:24:51

Doesn't electrolysis kill all hairs at the roots for good?

ParsleyTheLioness Mon 29-Oct-12 08:54:36

I've had electrolysis, but it left enlarged holes where the hair had been...not pretty.

whizmum Tue 30-Oct-12 13:04:52

Hopefully, the 'holes' will close up in time.

Is threading any different to just tweesering them? (other than they all get done at once)

FavadiCacao Tue 30-Oct-12 14:16:15

I'm a great fan of threading. I use it for eyebrows (harder hair) and top lip (still soft). It 's not a permanent solution but the visits are becoming less frequent. Because of my sensitive skin, I much prefer threading to a cream, even if the top lip experience is a bit stingy-no more than waxing! I haven't tried chin or full face yet. I find threading more effective than a pair of tweezers and definitely less painful.

It's worth a go! smile

ParsleyTheLioness Wed 31-Oct-12 15:01:35

The holes have been there more than 15 yrs, so I think I'm stuck with them. Tempted to at least give the threading a go...

bran Wed 31-Oct-12 15:04:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ParsleyTheLioness Sat 03-Nov-12 19:47:31

I agree, might give it a go tomorrow. Thanks all.

Bluestocking Sat 03-Nov-12 19:56:18

You're right about lasering only disposing of the dark hairs, Parsley. I had it a few years ago and it did a good job of getting rid of the darks but I still have a few obnoxious colourless pig bristles. Threading is brilliant, much better than tweezing, mainly because it gets rid of everything all in one fell swoop, but also because someone else is doing it in a really good light - with tweezing, you only get the ones you can see yourself!

ParsleyTheLioness Thu 08-Nov-12 10:48:28

Have just contacted someone about threading. To avoid having an audience at the local shopping centre...

whizmum Thu 08-Nov-12 12:11:19

I have been wondering why anyone would want to get rid of excess hair in public. They do it in the middle of Debenhams too.

As some of my grey bristles still have dark roots, I was wondering whether lasering might be worthwhile, if it reduces the number that need removing by other methods.

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 09-Nov-12 08:23:23

Maybe Whiz but quite expensive to find out for you...

ParsleyTheLioness Fri 16-Nov-12 08:14:57

Ok. Have had it threaded. Will see how long it lasts!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now