Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Facial flushing

(6 Posts)
aliasjoey Fri 12-Oct-12 12:21:22

I've always had poor circulation, especially cold hand, feet and nose! The last few weeks it has also been so cold in our office that a couple of times I've worn fingerless gloves. As I speak I think its now average temperature in here although my hands feel cold.

The last week I have experienced this weird sensation where my ears and face feels like they're burning up; this is happening 2 or 3 times a day. It maybe lasts 30 minutes or more. I can't remove clothes to cool down because the rest of my body is cold. My hands are freezing.

Are these hot flushes? I'm on the contraceptive injection and can't think of any other symptoms. I'm early forties.

MissBoPeep Fri 12-Oct-12 12:23:36

No. sounds more like Raynauds Syndrome.

aliasjoey Fri 12-Oct-12 13:36:44

Although my hands are cold, they still have colour and feeling.

Its the facial flushing which is new.

PhyllisDoris Fri 12-Oct-12 13:37:55

Might be menopause coming on. It's a bit early, but not unnaturally early.

MissBoPeep Fri 12-Oct-12 20:03:36

It's still a "No"!
TBH it doesn't sound anything like a flush.

Flushes tend to start at the chest or base of neck and work upwards and last about a minute.

Maybe your ears are cold and you aren't aware then they warm up too much too quickly and you get the burning.

ClareMarriott Fri 12-Oct-12 21:45:11

i would go to your GP and get checked out. It might be Raynauds Syndrome so far as the cold hands etc are concerned or either the menopause with the flushing . I started the menopause at 45 so starting at this age is not unusual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now