Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Does Elleste Duet 2mg estradiol make you PUT on weight?

(3 Posts)
Ellu Fri 05-Oct-12 13:50:00

Could anybody share their experience in weight changes when they are/were on Elleste Duet 2mg estradiol?
PLEASE!

katieliza Sun 28-Oct-12 18:41:37

I've just completed my first month on it and have put on 5lbs. Don't know if it's because of that or because I'm eating too much and exercising too little...

MissBoPeep Mon 29-Oct-12 07:42:04

Can't speak about that type as not been on it. But theorectically there is no evidence that HRT " makes you put on weight". In fact as it makes your body pre- menopausal, the logic would be that you lose weight or stay the same.
The progesterone element of the pack might make you gain weight in fluid for a few days before a bleed- unless it's a no bleed combo?
You might also grow bigger boobs with the estrogen which would give you some weight gain.

I think many women blame HRT for weight gain whereas really they haven't adjusted their intake of food/ exercise to the slowing metabolism of being over 40. You can't eat what you did in your 20s and 30s - regardless of HRT- and stay the same weight- unless you become much more active.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now