Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Greasy hair. Help!

(6 Posts)
Snowbell Fri 28-Sep-12 09:50:53

I am 51 and being driven mad by my hair. While I have always had greasy hair and have always washed it every two days, it has now got worse and really needs washing after 36 hours. I can barely make it last 48 hours. I am getting through loads of dry shampoo. I just do not have time to wash it every day and don't think that would be good for it. I am still having regular periods. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Is there a shampoo for greasy hair that actually works? Does anyone know if excessively greasy hair is a symptom of the peri-menopause? I haven't read that it is. It just makes me long for my periods to stop, thinking at least my hair will be more manageable!

HardlyEverHoovers Fri 28-Sep-12 20:16:29

Hi, I used to have very greasy hair, it helped a lot to use a shampoo without sodium laureth sulphate, you can get these in health shops, and the body shop also does a range. Also don't use conditioner.
Hope this helps.

MadameCastafiore Fri 28-Sep-12 20:19:12

Dd is 12 and had terribly greasy hair until our hairdresser recommended Toni & guy cleansing shampoo, is the men's range and you only need to use it a couple of times a week but it is fab. We went grim me investing in hats for her to wear to hide the oil slick to her having normal non greasy hair.

Is in a grey bottle and you can often get it on 3 for 2 in boots stores.

Snowbell Sat 29-Sep-12 14:33:32

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I'm going to go shopping!

HardlyEverHoovers Sat 29-Sep-12 20:52:04

Let us know how you get on!

cocolepew Sat 29-Sep-12 20:58:50

Going back to hardlyevers post, I saw a display of L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners in Sainsburys this morning and they are sls free. I think they are new.
I never knew that would help, my DDs are at the greasy hair stage. They use a Herbal. Essence one. Maybe a dry shampoo would help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now