Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

No period since baby 9m ago

(9 Posts)
scarecrow22 Fri 02-Sep-11 10:27:44

Is this a sign of possible menopause?
To give some context my periods never super regular, but in year or two before conceived had had bad night sweats and more erratic, I think. My mum had mp in late 30s and I am 40. On the other DD conceived in two months of TTC, and am still breastfeeding. She is our first and I had sort of hoped she might have a sibling :-S
Thankyou

mumblechum1 Fri 02-Sep-11 10:28:35

I think there is a simple test which your GP can do to test whether you are still producing a certain hormone.

belgo Fri 02-Sep-11 10:29:37

You are still breastfeeding? It's not unusual to have no periods while you are still breastfeeding, especially when your dd is still very young.

But because there is a history of early menopause in your family, it's a good idea to see the doctor.

irishbird Fri 02-Sep-11 10:29:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aftereight Fri 02-Sep-11 10:32:30

Ate you definately not pregnant again?

BertieBotts Fri 02-Sep-11 10:57:53

I didn't get periods back until DS was 18 months old due to breastfeeding smile

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Fri 02-Sep-11 11:00:54

I know some people get their periods back as soon as solids start but I never did I had no periods for the whole duration of breastfeeding.

Supersunnyday Fri 02-Sep-11 11:03:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

scarecrow22 Fri 02-Sep-11 12:19:52

Thanks advice. Am feeding four times day, at approx 5-8 hour gaps still. Did PG test (for another reason!): negative. Tbh would have been almost immaculate conception! Will not worry but might ask GP if need to go another time. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now