Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Anyone having back to back periods.

(4 Posts)
ryman78 Sun 21-Aug-11 18:04:10

Just realised I have been bleeding for 20 consective days. Obv not heavy for the whole time.
This is the 1st time this has happened although periods have been errattic for 18 months or so. I am in my early forties.
Has anyone consulted a doctor about this and what did they suggest?

olderyetwider Fri 26-Aug-11 15:39:17

I had this, GP prescribed noriesterone. I took one course, it stopped straight away, and I haven't had one since smile

motherinferior Fri 26-Aug-11 15:40:36

I have just finished about three weeks of on-off bleeding - my period never properly got going, dammit, but went on and ON; and during the first few days I ovulated painfully, so am awaiting another sodding period.

MissKittyEliza Sat 27-Aug-11 09:31:42

Not sure if this is me. I'm 49 in a couple of weeks. My mum and sister tell me Im probably not menopausal or peri menopausal as mum didn't really get going with her intil early 50's and my sister is 50 and still has regular as clockwork periods. But, I seem to be going ten days off then 5/6 days of a period. Then two weeks off followed by 5 days on.....

Needless to say, my love life has all but stopped. I AM very stressed at the moment because my son, aged 10 is so I'll.

Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now