Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Argh, just had a full-on 'anger-flash'...!

(6 Posts)
erebus Fri 17-Jun-11 10:52:40

I was so frustrated I could have cried!

I am thinking this is a hormonal peri-menopausal symptom. I am trying to lose some weight before menopause proper makes it nigh on impossible. To this end, I am trying to run for 20 mins on a Wii Fit but our TV/skybox/surround sound silliness requires three remotes to be turned on in the right order, 2 sound-input settings (out of a potential 12..), the right TV input (out of 6) to all be selected. I want the one where you watch TV whilst the Wii remote 'clocks' away in your hand and tells you how many minutes you have left, but could I do it? As it is it takes 7-8 mins to all turn on but then to have another 20 trying to coordinate all of the above- and failing...

I was livid.

DH wasn't hugely helpful (in fact, a bit patronising) as I messaged him at work (we do that a lot) so I bit his head off! He deserved it though! He absolutely HAS to recognise that I'm working bloody hard to lose weight and that our TV set up is ridiculously complex! And that his DW is approaching menopause, the woman who has spent the last 30 odd years of her life in thrall to bloody hormones, as we women do. And whose body was wrecked by 2 pregnancies!

Anyway. Calming down now. He did have the grace to apologise, too.

Katisha Fri 17-Jun-11 10:58:06

Sympathies. Shoot it in the manner of Elvis. (The tv not dh)

erebus Fri 17-Jun-11 11:37:11

grin! I am much calmer now- Very glad that DH did actually say sorry for being flippant and a bit patronising. I know it was just the Wii but it, or its failure to work represented so much more!

Butterbur Fri 17-Jun-11 11:45:45

I think your anger flash was entirely reasonable and justified, and nothing to to do with the menopause. If you've managed to go through life without similar outbursts, you've been a saint! Nothing to do with being in thrall to your hormones, and a lot to do with the sheer unreasoning bastardness of THINGS sometimes.

Portofino Fri 17-Jun-11 11:49:43

Aah - I get this. The "red mist" I call it. Pity those poor souls on the receiving end.....

erebus Fri 17-Jun-11 14:55:22

Nah, portofino- they DESERVE it and it keeps them on their toes! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now