Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Itching so I want to pull my skin off!

(7 Posts)
sloggies Sat 21-May-11 22:12:30

I seem to be peri-menopause. At parts of the cycle, I feel so itchy I could pull my skin off, but it is kind of non-specific itching, and little relief is to be had from any scratching. Any ideas to help please?

bluedogs Sun 22-May-11 17:59:47

I had vaginal itching that was sending me demented. Piriton did the trick. It broke the itch/scratch cycle.

sloggies Sun 22-May-11 18:32:40

Sorry, I meant all over itching as well as the other. Will give the piriton a go. Ta.
We can't be the only itchers can we bluedogs ?

inthesticks Mon 23-May-11 17:32:33

Itchy here too, especially when pre-menstrual. I presume it's connected with menopause as I'm53. A piriton at bedtime definately helps me.

sloggies Thu 26-May-11 08:27:53

Thanks Sticks, have been using the cheaper anti-hystemines, but guess the 'real' ones are better!

inthesticks Thu 26-May-11 14:25:38

It's not a question of cheaper.
You can buy the generic form of piriton from Boots at a fraction of the cost. It's called chlorphenamine maleate.
There are different kinds of anti histamines and some work better for hay fever but others work better on rashes. My GP did prescribe some called hydroxyzine but I didn't use them because they were very sedating.

car80 Wed 08-Jun-11 22:52:10

I get it too. Itchy skin on body and vaginal itching.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now