Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I'm fed up with this on/off thing

(8 Posts)
inthesticks Thu 05-May-11 14:32:31

I've 18 months now of on and off. Three months of periods then 3 months off with hot flushes and night sweats.
My last period was in February and I thought that was was it, but lo and behold the hot flushes have cooled off and I now have all the symptoms of PMS.
To be perfectly honest I prefer the menopause symptoms to the horrid bloating and aching joints that I get when pre menstrual. I have actually felt better without periods in spite of the thermonuclear heat I give off.

harbingerofdoom Wed 11-May-11 17:25:53

Yes,same here but don't get the hot flushes. Feel awful at times though and have fake/imagined period pain!

TeachMySelfBalance Sat 14-May-11 23:11:39

I just started the on/off period. (Sorry for the pun grin) Gap from Feb to May. I have never been a fan of the "cycle". I was regular only after having children after I turned 30.

Only a few hot flashes, mild ones-I am guessing they are mild as compared to descriptions of others.

Overall, I think I am feeling better, too. Except for the "trouble sleeping" part described in the pamphlet I just picked up at my Gp. I don't think I've ever had enough sleep, so I can't win that one. Dh is getting snoring under control somewhat, but my 3 yr old...

Do you know how long the on/off stage is supposed to last?

glasscompletelybroken Sun 15-May-11 11:59:02

I haven't heard about the trouble sleeping thing but I have been having trouble so maybe that's why!
I have had awful heavy periods for the last year and have finally been to the Doctor and have an appointment next week with a consultant to discuss having the NovaSure procedure.
Typically though I seem to have missed my last period as it was due around 26th April and not here yet! I guess this is the on-off thing starting too.

cabbageroses Sun 15-May-11 15:38:55

On-off can last for years- some of my freinds in 50s have had it for about 4 years.
i was lucky- missed about 4 periods with hot flushes and insomnia then a couple of light ones- and that was it. at 53. Went onto HRT straight away as hot flushes were embarrassing at wrok and also was sleeping badly.

feel great now.

andreaberlin Wed 01-Jun-11 17:18:55

Message deleted

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jun-11 17:21:59

I think you need to pay Mumsnet a fee for this kind of thing, andrea.

BecauseImWorthIt Wed 01-Jun-11 17:23:15

... and I see you've had your only other message on MN deleted, which suggests that you do know this, but that you're chancing your arm again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: