Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

When will my brain come back

(6 Posts)
Baublelicious Sat 27-Nov-10 14:23:10

I have today started HRT (Prempak-C). My brain has been all over the place, I have had no proper sleep for a minimum of 3 months, hot flashes, excruciating night sweats etc.

What has bothered me the most is the fact I thought I was going totally and utterley crazy. I was put of AD's about 3 months ago and I thought they would help my "mental state" and they did a bit but I am hoping HRT might give me my brain and my life back again. I have a very responsible job and I am finding it so hard to hold down at the moment and almost feel like I might have to hand my notice in before someone sacks me!

Has anyone got any encouraging info to pass on please?

rockinhippy Sat 27-Nov-10 23:59:38

sorry can't help on the HRT as no experience of it at all,

but I do have health problems that can affect my "cognitive ability"hmm & years back, I came across an advert aimed at students cramming for exams ......a supplement called Nuerozan basically a mix of herbs & vitamins etc in 1 pill to help the brain - I've found it really good stuff,

theres plenty of info if you online, otherwise, you can get it in Boots etc, took about 10 days, but it definitely helps

Baublelicious Sun 28-Nov-10 14:29:17

Thank you smile

purplepeony Sun 28-Nov-10 14:46:11

There is a professor who says that women who are menopausal and depressed or suffering like you, should be give oestrogen (HRT) not ADs as he believes mental symptoms respond to HRT.

(I think it's prof john Studd but would need to check- he has his own websiste.)

purplepeony Sun 28-Nov-10 14:48:34

www.studd.co.uk/tenreasons.php

here

Baublelicious Mon 29-Nov-10 23:10:57

That was really interesting reading smile.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: