Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

sorry I can't resist

(9 Posts)
Frenchy72 Wed 10-Aug-05 13:56:20

to tell you about this place I went on holidays. It is near Royan (French atlantic coast north of bordeaux). the hotel is called 'hotel residence de rohan', part of Logis de France chain. and it is really impressive. I gave them 5 stars rating on tripadvisor.

Charlee Wed 10-Aug-05 13:57:55

It looks lovley

handlemecarefully Wed 10-Aug-05 13:58:49

Tel number please!

Janh Wed 10-Aug-05 13:59:31

Ooooooooo!

Is it very expensive though?

Frenchy72 Wed 10-Aug-05 14:06:32

no it is not so expensive. it came as a v good surprise. I guess the reason is that it is part of Logis de France and they have strict regulations. we stayed in a double room for 60 pounds mid-july, pretty good if you could see the place it is amazing. direct access to the beach at the end of the garden, great pool. overall fantastic for children.
(no baby-sitting though)
telephone is 00 33 05 46 39 00 75

e-mail:info@residence-rohan.com

a real gem

Janh Wed 10-Aug-05 14:11:15

£60 b&b? So it would be £420 for a week for 2 people in July? Fantastic! (Will show DH later )

Frenchy72 Wed 10-Aug-05 14:17:09

er, no, sorry breakfast is not included. it is 10 euros. so we used to walk to the little village for a much more reasonable breakfast, and our little boy loves the early walks.
if you have got children (obviously you have!), they will love the zoo. it is called 'le Zoo de la Palmyre' and it is outstanding.

handlemecarefully Wed 10-Aug-05 14:20:24

It really does sound fab. Could be right up our street for summer hols next year.

What's the decor inside the building like - not too tired or anything like that?

Were the staff friendly?

Frenchy72 Wed 10-Aug-05 14:32:42

friendly staff indeed, v unusual for France!!! the decor inside is like 'old epoque furniture' (louis XVI and all that) but not show off. the bedrooms are really nice, but need to be childproof when you arrive (you know, the lamps, the glass table etc). I heard some other guests say that their bathroom was a bit tired, though very clean.
and I forgot: the most important: the drinks are cheap - you can have a kir or a lager for 4 euros.
yooohooooooo!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now