Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Ds1 in his school uniform...sniff

(14 Posts)
Gobbledigook Tue 09-Aug-05 20:13:27

Wait for it....

Twiglett Tue 09-Aug-05 20:16:14

oh bless .. he gets a tie and everything

(my DS gets a polo shirt under a sweatshirt)

has he got patent leather shoes?? (I know he's got his plimsolls)

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Aug-05 20:16:28

A bit of a grainy picture but there you go. I think all new reception starters should have their pic posted!

Lonelymum Tue 09-Aug-05 20:16:30

He looks pretty happy about it GDG! I take it it will be his first day? It is tough, but amazing how quickly you get used to the idea.

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Aug-05 20:17:30

Not bought shoes yet Twiglett - thought it would be best to wait till the world and his wife went at the end of August so I could queue for 3 hours only to find that Clarks don't have the pair I want in his size

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Aug-05 20:18:04

LM -yes, he starts on 7th Sept. I'm going to cry.

Lonelymum Tue 09-Aug-05 20:23:26

No no. Apparently it is normal to cry when your child leaves primary school - all the year 6 parents were this year at the leaver's assembly, I am told. I am getting ready for that in two years time! You will be happy when little ds1 trots off to school in his shiny new uniform and a grin all over his chubby face!

luckylady Tue 09-Aug-05 20:24:30

bless him he looks really happy.

he also looks very cheeky.

Aimsmum Tue 09-Aug-05 20:26:41

Message withdrawn

swiperfox Tue 09-Aug-05 20:29:50

Aww look at him all grown up!!! I can't wait til dd starts next September to dress her up and take pics!! I'll be crying too on her first day!!

Blossomhill Tue 09-Aug-05 20:32:02

Ah what a little cutie ds1 is gdg

MarsLady Tue 09-Aug-05 20:39:08

He looks so happy and so ready for school. Question is.... are you GDG?

Gobbledigook Tue 09-Aug-05 21:03:08

Yes he is very cheeky, very boisterous and very active but he's gorgeous with it (of course!).

I'm ready for him to go and learn new things, make new friends, have a full social life PLUS the time I'm going to spend with ds2 and ds3. I'm still going to be a bit sad though. It's the end of a chapter of his life isn't it?

Sniff

Lonelymum Tue 09-Aug-05 21:42:01

But the end of a chapter heralds the start of a new one and if the book is worth reading....

Oh all right, too much philosophy. Go on then GDG, have a good cry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now