Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

I need some honest help!!!.........

(73 Posts)
swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 18:46:31

I'm doing a freehand picture on a 4'x3' canvass and have come to a point of what I can only describe as the equivalent of writers block!! I've drawn Simba from the Lion King 4 times and can't get it right!! DP is being totall useless so I need some constructive critisism on the lion's body - to me it looks out of proportion - dp reckons it's coz i've been staring at it for too long!!

purpleturtle Mon 08-Aug-05 18:49:37

I think your dh has a point.

It's fantastic!

Maybe, just maybe, his bottom is a little bit skinny - but just a shade.

Nbg Mon 08-Aug-05 18:49:52

It looks pretty damn perfect to me!

Especially if you compare it to Pumba's body.

Bethron Mon 08-Aug-05 18:50:11

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Mon 08-Aug-05 18:51:24

His bum looks kind of tilted to the right (right as you look at it, his left) I think it needs to come out a wee bit more on the left (his right).

Bloody good though - I'm impressed!

bubblerock Mon 08-Aug-05 18:53:18

It's a difficult angle to draw from isn't it? Does the original picture look a bit awkward too - if so I'd leave it or maybe have another character behind Simba so that you don't have to deal with it - maybe a bug or dragonfly....

MrsGordonRamsay Mon 08-Aug-05 18:53:28

Ok

The head is fine, the front paws are fine, the body is as PT said a shade skinny, but that back paw ?? just doesn't look right.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Ducks and runs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

marthamoo Mon 08-Aug-05 18:54:23

Or some big jungly leaves he could be coming out from...

swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 19:19:46

Thanks guys So he needs a bigger bum DP said his back foot looks funny as well but i can't think where else to put it lol is it that it's too big?
I'm going to fill the background and edges with jungle so i might be able to do a bit of a cover up when i paint it!!!

starshaker Mon 08-Aug-05 19:33:59

can u draw any of the disney princesses cos that is really good

swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 19:37:44

yep can do pretty much all the disney people, this is the first one i've done for a long time so i'm a bit rusty!!

starshaker Mon 08-Aug-05 19:45:54

would you do a range of the princesses (this is dd theme for her room) and ill pay you

swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 19:49:42

no problem. If you cat me what sort of size you want and which princesses i can do it for you. I can get smaller canvasses in different shapes

SoupDragon Mon 08-Aug-05 20:38:33

I thought he was a shade too skinny too I think the rear paw needs to twist a little so it faces out more (similar angle to the front two?) - the toes aren't quite right.

At first glance I thought "she's mad - it looks absolutely fine to me" so I'm just really being ultra critical.

Charlee Mon 08-Aug-05 20:40:40

i wish i could draw this well! I think its really good, make him fatter if you want but either way i think its great, but then again my tracings crap let alone free hand! its fab honey really

swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 20:41:00

I knew he was too skinny! Bl*y dp lol he made me rub him out last night and make him skinny!!

The back toes are too square aren't they?

I love MN!!

Gobbledigook Mon 08-Aug-05 20:41:29

OMG!! HOW talented?!

I wouldn't dare critcise!

MayoGirl Mon 08-Aug-05 20:42:48

HIs back paw looks funny but other than that its fantastic.

SoupDragon Mon 08-Aug-05 20:44:48

I can't tell if the back paw is off the ground or not - compare to the front ones where one is clearly down, toes pushed up a little and one is off the ground, toes hanging free. My gut feeling is that the leg needs to be turned out slightly or the toes splayed. Don't think he needs to be that much fatter - if those are the original pencil marks rather than a smear on my screen, about half way between the two!

ebbie22 Mon 08-Aug-05 20:49:46

Sorry to butt in....Pls could you tell me if you do whinnie the pooh?

luckylady Mon 08-Aug-05 20:52:06

no comment on the oiccie other than
fantastic

I wish I could draw half as good.

You are very talented.

robinia Mon 08-Aug-05 20:53:44

Great drawing. Bearing in mind that I know nothing about drawing of course, is it that his back leg is not seamlessly joined to his hip - perhaps need some sort of line there but not solid all the way. Or that it's the way the two come together rather than the dimensions /angle. Feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong - I won't take offence.

swiperfox Mon 08-Aug-05 20:53:56

He's sort of on the tip of his back toes/off the ground - doyou think they'd look better rounded - they're a bit square at the mo.... Was an original pencil line, not your screen lol

Yes to winnie the pooh

ebbie22 Mon 08-Aug-05 20:56:00

Oh goody,how much do you charge?what sizes etc....only1stoob@hotmail.com,if you dont want to say on here...

Mytwopenceworth Mon 08-Aug-05 20:56:04

Bril - you are really good! His torso could maybe be a bit fatter, and his back leg looks a bit big at the top - maybe a slightly different angle on it, and he needs a well rounded botty! But these are piddling little things and the drawing looks really cool regardless!!!!!

What are you going to put on the right hand side?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now