Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Ok how many people would fit in here for DS's 1st birthday?

(8 Posts)
Flossam Sat 06-Aug-05 14:20:15

I've never had a party before and so am completely unprepared and unknowledgable. I want a party for DS (have done another thread) and don't know whether I could accomodate friends as well as family. If I have the party I would like then there may be around 25 people here. Need opinions on how many realistically I could fit in. So excuse the mess and the interesting barrier technique to keep DS contained . Another photo to follow.

Nemo1977 Sat 06-Aug-05 14:24:26

hi our house is well smaller than yours especially as it isnt open plan and for ds b1st bday we had 12 adults and 5 kids.

Nemo1977 Sat 06-Aug-05 14:25:10

o and dh and i and ds..lol

Tommy Sat 06-Aug-05 15:15:50

I reckon you fit in as many people as you want! Might be a squash but I'm sure it will be fun.
(nice house BTW )
Don't forget, some people might not be able to come OR you could have an "open house" type party where people come and go at different times if you're worried about all squeezing in.

Kayleigh Sat 06-Aug-05 15:35:21

It's just an idea ......If you can move as much furniture as you can to the sides of the room, or into a bedroom I would feed the kids on a big waterproof sheet or a blanket picnic style on the floor. Adults can serve themselves from stuff on plates in kitchen and will probably mostly congregate there whilst kids are eating. Otherwise you are going to have problems fitting loads of kids around table + problems with highchairs etc.

Flossam Sun 07-Aug-05 17:38:36

Thanks . I'm not the best decision maker as you can probably tell , so this is doing my head in! My mum is not the most keenly social lady either so I am worried about how she will feel about having so many people too. Dp isn't being exactly helpful as usual either!

NomDePlume Sun 07-Aug-05 17:40:32

I think 25 would fit in ok if you moved the furniture out of the way a bit.

Nice place, btw

Flossam Sun 07-Aug-05 18:20:26

Thanks NdP. Will start trying to figure out about a sqished party at mine then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: