Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hello from Oz!

(8 Posts)
hannahsaunt Mon 01-Aug-05 05:06:02

Hi, we've been in QLD for a week, still in the motel, still househunting. Two boys (4.5 and 2.5) used to being in very active/stimulating daycare 3-4 days per week - being in 1 room in a motel is losing it's shine... Where do I find out about stuff to do with littlies? Have found gymbaroo and music/movement (hopefully) so far but would like to be out of the house at something most days (not used to this SAHM thing and it's wet today so park trips are out). Any ideas? TIA

KiwiKate Mon 01-Aug-05 05:19:24

Any indoor swimming pools around? Or, dare I say it, McDonalds or Burger Kings or other shops with indoor playgrounds or similar?

Have you tried doing a google search for activitites in your area?

Good luck

Bouj Mon 01-Aug-05 06:29:59

We are in Brisbane - whereabouts are you? Parks are great, if you are in Brisbane, try Southbank or Roma St Parklands. Lots for kids. If you are in Brisbane, I can give you more ideas.

Twiga Mon 01-Aug-05 07:15:30

Hi Hannahsaunt, we share a mutual friend in Tassis and family so just wanted to say hello. Glad you had a safe trip out and hope you get settled in really soon, lol x

eidsvold Mon 01-Aug-05 13:31:42

You can look up on the web or in the phonebook the playgroup association and they will list playgroups in your area - local churches also do them - might be worth a call. If gymbaroo is not an option - you could try kindyroo - same sort of thing. JoJingles - music and movement as well. What about a chipmunks - if there is one near you - indoor soft play area.. or another sort is called maze mania..... they are great for little ones to work off energy.

there is a free mag/paper put out monthly or every two months called Brisbane's child - has ideas in there.

hannahsaunt Mon 01-Aug-05 13:32:37

Hi Twiga

Hope late pregnancy is treating you well; looking forward to seeing the birth announcement!

Bouj - we're in Townsville for the year - fabulous parks here but kind of looking for the way into meeting other mums and children - NCT/kindergym/music & movement - that sort of thing. A list should be maintained in all towns for all newly arrived mums I think!

eidsvold Mon 01-Aug-05 13:46:47

this site can be helpful...

here have used it for brisbane.

don't know anything about Townsville sorry...

Bouj Mon 01-Aug-05 23:37:45

No, can't say I know much about Townsville. I would check out the city council website, or phone them. When all else fails, shopping centres usually have play centres. Also, check out the Playgroup Association, they will have one near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now