Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Mucus (sorry)

(4 Posts)
malachismum Tue 19-Jul-05 09:59:23

Hello,

My 1 year old has had a runny tummy since saturday and although it is getting better now, gradually. He seems to have a lot of mucus in his nappy each time. He hasnt had a cold or chesty cough for a long time so I dont think its that. Any ideas? He seems fine in himself, apart from the dreadful nappy rash that his upset tum has caused.

Twiglett Tue 19-Jul-05 10:19:08

Hi Malachismum .. you might not get many answers here cos you're in 'member profiles' rather than health but I wouldn't worry about his nappy .. mucus is natural in the body especially with an upset tum and a cold

try leaving nappy off for as long as possible and use barrier cream for the rash.. if really stubborn can sometimes be due to a thrush infection and canesten cream works really well

tamum Tue 19-Jul-05 10:21:52

I would echo Twiglett's advice- I had my heart in my mouth clicking on this because people usually put pictures in Members Profiles, and I was a bit concerned about what I might see I think she's right though, the mucus is pretty normal after a tummy upset.

malachismum Tue 19-Jul-05 11:05:36

Oopps, lol. Imagine if it was a picture. Still not got the hang of this posting game yet!!! Thankyou for the advice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now