Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

My princess in THAT dress - thanks to Toothach!

(20 Posts)
fee77 Thu 14-Jul-05 13:25:18

Oh i hope this works! Here is DD on her Christening day (10th July. Isn't she adorable!!! For those that don't know, i saw the dress in Tescos, fell in love with it, but couldn't get it. But thanks to the power of mumsnet, the stores were searched up and down the country and finally toothache located one for me.
Thanks to everyone !!!!!

Fimbo Thu 14-Jul-05 13:27:19

awwh - can't see her. I tried to post a pic too and failed miserably

oooggs Thu 14-Jul-05 13:27:26

No picture Fee!!!!! I can't wait to see it, didn't think it would suit DS

Hausfrau Thu 14-Jul-05 13:27:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fee77 Thu 14-Jul-05 13:30:28

On no - it says it is too big! I will have to wait till dh gets home as i am a computer dunce! Unless anyone has an idiots guide of how to reduce from 309k?!?

Toothache Thu 14-Jul-05 13:39:59

OCH!
Got all excited there!!!

fee77 Thu 14-Jul-05 13:47:29

Yeah!!! I did it! Please excuse the tongue sticking out!

misdee Thu 14-Jul-05 13:48:31

awww what a lovely dress, and the kdis aint bad either

opnly kidding, she looks lovely.

Toothache Thu 14-Jul-05 13:48:34

AW BLESS!!!!!!

>satisfied smile<

GoldieGarty Thu 14-Jul-05 13:49:39

Lovely definately worth the wait!! (p.s. I am Fimbo by the way)

kama Thu 14-Jul-05 14:02:07

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Thu 14-Jul-05 14:35:22

glad the dress was worth all the trouble!
she looks really cute in it!

fee77 Thu 14-Jul-05 16:09:25

The reason for waiting...we didn't really think about it to be honest. Neither dh or i are religious so it kind of slipped our minds. Then she was ill so the grandparents paniced and said we should get it done. So i phoned the local chuch, they told me i had to atend a meeting before i could set the date and with one thing or another we couldn't make it for a couple of months, then we found out that we weren't in that parish, so we started attending the right church and finally got it done. We are both fairly laid back and were in no rush to get it done! Having said all that the church has made us feel so welcome we will continue to attend regularly, and have become involved in some of their activities.
The minuses of waiting - it was hard to organise everything with a toddler terrorising the place! Apart from that we had a lovely day, dd was really well behaved throughout the service and during the celebrations.
Funnily enough it was probably the party we were dreading more than anything else, but it all went well - it was the first time we had had both families together. A couple of people commented that it was the wedding we never had (we eloped!)
HTH - i do go on abit!

Hulababy Thu 14-Jul-05 16:18:42

She is beautiful

oooggs Thu 14-Jul-05 21:10:15

It looks even lovelier on your DD than it did on the hanger. Glad all went well.

nailpolish Thu 14-Jul-05 21:13:33

what a great story! good old toothache

and your dd looks utterly gorgeous! hope your day was fab x

hunkermunker Thu 14-Jul-05 21:14:54

Beautiful little girl, beautiful dress - well done Toothache!

Glad you had a lovely day.

Hausfrau Fri 15-Jul-05 09:08:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flamesparrow Fri 15-Jul-05 09:10:58

I kept seeing that dress sooo many times AFTER you'd got one!

She looks gorgeous.

GetMakosiorVanessaorOrlaithOut Fri 15-Jul-05 09:17:37

Ah, she looks gorgeous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now