Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

I need a new look!

(25 Posts)
charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 15:37:32

This is Moi - about to go out, i hate the dress by the way but was having a clothing emergency! Anyhoo i need a new look im bored of wearing the same old jeans and t - shirt im bored of my long, no style hair. This picture doesnt give you a good look at my figure, basicly i have huge boobs then go thinner tummy then wide hips then thin again at the leggys, im very short, so i find it difficult.

My hair as you can see is just long - no syle, i have blonde highlights, but thats about it.
I love the gypsie look at the moment but as you may beable to see i am fat and short so no good to me!

So come on Trinny and Susanah wannabes make me over!!!!!!!

P.S i will try to replace this photo with a better one a.s.a.p

compo Tue 12-Jul-05 15:39:27

any easy way for a new look would be to get contact lenses and then you can wear all the summery bright eye shadows. And then go to a hairdresser and spend a fortune on a new style and colour. Clothes wise try a personal shopper at Debenhams.

compo Tue 12-Jul-05 15:40:13

personnally though I thin you look fab. Did you say you're only 18 on another thread? You lucky thing!

compo Tue 12-Jul-05 15:40:29

think not thin!!!

desperatehousewife Tue 12-Jul-05 15:41:01

you should try a choppy, swingy bob - maybe more highlights? I had a 'make over' at MAC (cost £20 but this was redeemable against anything I purchased) it was amazing - i now use colours on my face I never would have considered!

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 15:41:44

Lovley idea compo but am not made of money unfortunatly I camn live without my glasses if i have to, and my sister is a professiona hairdresser, i need a style that i can put up to save a savaging from DS but also looks nice down.

At the moment i wear jeans ad vest tops or t-shirts.

CarolinaMoon Tue 12-Jul-05 15:42:01

awww, you look lovely charlee!

If you are bored you could put different highlights in your hair. Or some layers?

sorry, not much advice is it? I am tall with small boobs (not now that I'm bfing though, har har) so can't give much help from personal experience.

Blossomhill Tue 12-Jul-05 15:42:21

I think you also look lovely. However your hair would look fab with some layers through the front just to shape around your face.

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 15:42:52

God thats an awfull pic i look strieght all the way down! - will take another one sec!

compo Tue 12-Jul-05 15:43:05

ah, sadly new looks always cost money!!! Does your sister have any ideas? Or you could trawl through charity shops for vintage funky clothes?

Lizzylou Tue 12-Jul-05 15:43:32

What about a few longish layers around the front of your hair?
I actually think you look lovely, young and curvy, lucky thing!

lunavix Tue 12-Jul-05 15:45:11

I am exaclty the same, big boobs and short, with crap hair basically.

I change my hair loads (found a fab hairdresser in bournemouth when I lived there and it's about 50 for cut and highlights BARGAIN) and am going to go for choppy and highlights soon. Just shoulderlength so i can still stick it up.

Went to new look sale and got about 80 worth of clothes, pair of trousers (hippy style but combats) 5 tops and a gypsy skirt (see other thread!) plus two jackets, opened a card so got 15% off and paid it straight off (had £60 from my birthday to spend on clothes)

Then got a skirt, and two tops in tescos sale for 15 (very summery)

cos i'm a bit chubby, i usually wear jeans and it puts me off buying clothes cos I WANT to be a size 10 but I'm really a 12 lol.

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 15:53:24

Cant get a decent pic at the moment anyway -your all really helping, im so bad at knowing what looks good on me so i stick to plain and boring, i hate my curvs but i have to except that my boobs will never be a 32B, its awkward i was mesured professionally and i have a size 10 stomach but a size 12/14 hips that are very boney! im different sizes all over grrrr i like layers in my hair, so i may for that just dont know what style of clothes fit me, i have to have sleeves or straps i cant go braless at all!

Enid Tue 12-Jul-05 15:54:30

pretty. lovely shaped face.

I would go for long choppy bob with highlights though.

gingerbear Tue 12-Jul-05 15:55:58

Huge boobies need v shaped necklines, wrap style tops, and oh, have a look here

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 15:59:41

Thanks gingerbear - iam afriad im am very oddly shaped! so some of there advice contradicts its self - (gosd im lloking at that pic and i am the spitting image of my sister - argh!) anyway i like the earth mother look but i fear long floaty skirts will make me look even shorter (im only 5'2)

Lizzylou Tue 12-Jul-05 16:01:33

What about floaty calf-length/knee length skirts??

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 16:06:02

Hmm - never tried calf length does it suit short people?

twirlaround Tue 12-Jul-05 16:12:32

What about a knee length wrap dress in funky print with/wothout trousers?

I think you look lovely in that photo but that one colour all over your body is probably not the most flattering - because it would be nice to define your waist since you have one! And adding a necklace would be good too.

twirlaround Tue 12-Jul-05 16:13:39

Do you like/suit wide leg trousers?

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 16:15:03

Thaks im greatfull you have been honest i ask Dp these questions and his reply is always - you look lovley as you are dear! and allthough i love him for it - i know im no miss world but i would like to make the best of myself, but im just so bad with style ec, hence why i hate shopping!

charleepeters Tue 12-Jul-05 16:16:04

ya there ok i have a nice pair of pinstripe trousers, i have all bottom half clothes baggy i hate tight trousers.

ninah Tue 12-Jul-05 16:19:56

I think you are v pretty and shorter hair would show off your face, contact lens too, and you can probably wear sea-green/turquoise well

giraffeski Tue 12-Jul-05 16:30:10

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Tue 12-Jul-05 16:32:52

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now