Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Monkeytrousers' Monkeychops

(9 Posts)
monkeytrousers Tue 12-Jul-05 12:59:33

Hello. Here's my monkeychops - nine months are growing.

I’m 30…5 (I think, it is 2005 isn’t it?) and am a SAHM for the time being before I go back to uni in September where I’ll be completing the last year of my degree in History of Modern Art, Design and Film. Have not a clue what I’m going to do after but hope it’ll be somewhere in media production or writing (covers a lot of bases) although Live in the northeast too which is a bit of a cultural desert. I’m tempted to stay on studying as I adore it but being a late starter and also hoping to fit in another bb doesn’t give us the luxury of too many options.

Was an actor in a previous terrible life, which brought many wonderful opportunities my way, which were utterly and thoroughly squandered. Realsied any artistic leanings were an obstacle in the industry and was also utterly depressed by the relentless spiritual depravity.
Thankfully woke up to myself at 30 and stepped on the path of redemption.

After gazing secretly and longingly at one another for 4 years, me and dh finally got our acts together and got it on.

Been a Mnetter for about a month now and love learning from my betters!

Hobbies are reading - anything not on my reading list and usually something way over my head about evolutionary biology. Playing PS2 games - fav's include Tomb Raider (pre Angel of Darkness), GTA 3, Ico, or Half Life 2 and Far Cry on the PC (not had much time for this since birth of ds)

At mo listening to Radio 4, Radiohead (a staple), Orbital, Leonard Cohen, Goldfrapp, U2, though not all at the same time. Gonna have a crack at The Tears soon.

Can't think of anything else. Oh, and like discussing stuff.

cazzybabs Tue 12-Jul-05 13:14:09

OHH he is a cuttee (am presuming its a boy - sorry is its a litle girl) - he/she is still cute!

desperatehousewife Tue 12-Jul-05 13:17:02

cool pic! Wave goodbye to your life now you're a mumsnetter. As someone here once said, it's a bit like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

I'm 34 and have been a sahm for 3 years. I have swung between hating it and feeling brain numbed by the experience to actually quite liking it recently (well, DS is at nursery 3 days a week at mo - so I don't know I'm born really do I?!)

Wishing you many a wasted hour talking total drivel on here!

DHW

HappyHuggy Tue 12-Jul-05 13:19:30

Hes lovely xxx

Lizzylou Tue 12-Jul-05 13:20:20

V cute

monkeytrousers Tue 12-Jul-05 13:35:12

Yes, he's a boy. Well spotted!

Just in from the garden and I think he's got a mouthful of lavender. Dribblling like a loon (just a tad more than usual!)

monkeytrousers Tue 12-Jul-05 20:48:54

Thanks for the tip (?) DHW! Problem is this drivel is archived for posterity. Will have to be careful and not give into the temptation to post while squiffy - I'm a terrible bore!!

Thanks HH and Lizzy!

Maddison Wed 13-Jul-05 18:31:05

Aww he's gorgeous!!

Where abouts in the northeast are you MC? I'm just outside of Durham City.

monkeytrousers Wed 13-Jul-05 20:47:25

Hi Maddsion

Thanks! I'm in Newcastle. You in one of the villages? I used to live in Durham many moons ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now