Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Baby dd1 in a Harness for CDH (very old photo)

(7 Posts)
lemonice Sun 10-Jul-05 11:47:58

Posting this for Tipex

Here she is in her harness...she is now 21 years old

biglips Sun 10-Jul-05 11:48:18

nothing here!

lemonice Sun 10-Jul-05 11:56:26

I got there eventually!!!

Gobbledigook Sun 10-Jul-05 12:00:45

Oh my friends little boy was in a harness last year from birth to about 3 months I think. The harnesses haven't advanced much! It was identical!!

biglips Mon 11-Jul-05 09:20:55

is she ok now? its a stupid question but was it for her legs?

lemonice Mon 11-Jul-05 09:37:26

Oh yes she's fine now and has been all along.

I just posted this because Tipex posted about Congenital Dislocation of the Hip or CDH.

It is a condition which the child is born with where the hip socket does not form properly.

It is treated in various ways, the legs are put in a permanent frog position either with a harness like this or a plaster and or a hip operation is undertaken to break the bone and re-align with a pin.

lilybird Tue 12-Jul-05 10:35:57

this brings so many memories, my dd had to wear one of these braces, i broke my heart at first, she was only 3 months old and the weather was hot.
2 years on and we've just been for a check up, and the poorly hip has caught up with the good one, so we don't have to go back for 12 months. hooray!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now