Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hausfrau's Pirates and Pirate cake!

(21 Posts)
Hausfrau Thu 07-Jul-05 19:23:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frogs Thu 07-Jul-05 19:36:32

Now I want to see the picture, please! It was ds's birthday today too, and I also made a pirate cake following the binkie & co. method. Though I say so myself, it was a work of staggering genius. And then these bl*dy terrorists detonated their bombs, and prevented ds's granny, auntie and cousins from getting to his birthday tea.

But we scooped up some friends at the school gate and had the party anyway. And the cake was fab. That's the London blitz spirit for you.

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 19:39:56

<round of applause>
brilliant cake!

Hausfrau Thu 07-Jul-05 19:40:53

Nightynight Thu 07-Jul-05 19:41:01

cant see the pirates though?

Whizzz Thu 07-Jul-05 19:41:52

WOW ! That is excellent.
I hope to have a pirate theme summer party soon can you whip up another.....might not post too well though

lemonice Thu 07-Jul-05 19:42:04

Yum Yum...it looks great...i love fantasy cakes

frogs Thu 07-Jul-05 19:43:24

Sob. Yours is better than mine. Tho' mine did have jewels made from crushed boiled sweets, malteser cannonballs and brandy barrels made from rolos.

Respect.

Hausfrau Thu 07-Jul-05 19:44:56

Whizzz Thu 07-Jul-05 19:50:48

And excellent sails there are too !

binkie Thu 07-Jul-05 19:54:23

brilliant, but I do want to see the dss too

frogs, can you do a picture?

Happy Birthday to the haussohne and the tadpole - it is lovely to have something happy to think about!

Hausfrau Thu 07-Jul-05 19:59:35

frogs Thu 07-Jul-05 20:01:52

binkie -- I have a picture. But of course! Cake icing genius is new to me, so obviously I had to record my achievement! (Not even going to pretend to be modest about this one. )

I don't know how to upload them, though can email (but don't have your email address).

Froglet boy had a brilliant 6th birthday. Rollcall of presents: 1 Hotwheels all-terrain skateboard, I pair combat trousers (Miniboden sale), I basketball, I waterpistol of shoulder-held rocket-launcher proportions and a load of books on pirates. What's not to like? Plus the birthday fairy transformed his lower bunk into a camouflage tent in the night, courtesy of John Lewis fabric dept and Mummy's sewing machine. Happy boy.

binkie Fri 08-Jul-05 11:58:55

frogs, shall I CAT you?
or if yours is blocked, you could try me

and I will reciprocate with a pic of the Barbie-balldress-cake you will need to be practising for dd2 (for the next 2.5 years). Also, I don't think I ever gave congratulations on dd2's walking, did I? Congrats!

frogs Fri 08-Jul-05 12:31:05

Yes, binkie, do CAT me.

I fear my Barbie-cakemaking skills may need a little fine-tuning, so I should probably start thinking about it some time soon!

How was your little dd's term in Reception? Is she moving up with her new year group, or waiting for the former one to catch up?

binkie Fri 08-Jul-05 12:42:08

CAT on way.

dd ("little" is word, she looks like a ladybird next to the rest of the class) is moving on up - she's made herself right at home in her new group and it seems to be tempering the Queen Bee quality without squashing. Can't believe this time next year she'll be doing joined-up writing and spelling "friend" though.

DaddyCool Fri 08-Jul-05 13:36:54

that cake rocks. my mum used to make an elaborate cake for me each year. when i was 4 i wanted a "rabbit with trainers on" so she did that. she also made a castle out of fudge cake and after eights (which looked very similar to this actually), trucks, ghetto blasters, rockets etc.

this looks so cool, i bet your ds's were really pleaseed.

Fio2 Fri 08-Jul-05 13:43:38

wow! my son would love that!

jabberwocky Fri 08-Jul-05 13:48:39

Oh, that's great! I absolutely love pirates and ds is already getting a collection of pirate books, etc. I'm wondering if my limited culinary skills could pull off a cake like that...

<jabberwocky gives applause for cake>

DaddyCool Fri 08-Jul-05 13:52:48

cake is a great tool for modelling! you would be surprised what you can come up with. saying that, this isn't just getting in the right shape is it... she's got oars and pirates and ocean and cabin thingys and all sorts.... it's quite awesome.

Xena Fri 08-Jul-05 13:56:10

What a fab cake!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now