Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

For Rickman - does this look infected....

(20 Posts)
QueenOfQuotes Mon 27-Jun-05 16:44:26

sorry it's as big as I could get it without being 'too' big to upload here

Libb Mon 27-Jun-05 22:40:39

would tea tree oil help? I am no expert on exscema (sp?!) but would it help dry it out?

Just a thought . . .

rickman Mon 27-Jun-05 22:44:10

Message withdrawn

tamum Mon 27-Jun-05 22:45:52

When my brother had infected eczema it looked much more scabby and weepy than that, but he let it get pretty bad, so that might be on the way, at least.

I am trying v. hard not to smirk at the site of this photo in close conjunction with the message above it about limiting the amount of information you disclose....

tamum Mon 27-Jun-05 22:47:39

Sorry, that was crass of me. If it is infected then it would be worth trying to nip it in the bud quite soon, I think, but I guess you might need antibiotic cream? Or would it be viral?

Libb Mon 27-Jun-05 22:51:55

Doh, of course - told you I don't know much! I did get a nice tea tree antiseptic cream from Waitrose that cleared my over dry skin on my hands - my hands were chapped beyond belief but this cream cleared it well because it got rid of the infection without drying it - worth a try?

rickman Mon 27-Jun-05 23:01:56

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 27-Jun-05 23:28:01

looks like it could be on the wqay to being infected. fuciden h was the way to go.

soapbox Mon 27-Jun-05 23:29:20

Rickman - the poor wee thing - looks awful

Hope you get it under control soon!

misdee Mon 27-Jun-05 23:29:47

psssst u dont those forms yet?

strugstu Mon 27-Jun-05 23:32:52

if i can offer my 2p worth it looks inflammed/ rather than infected and may need some hydrocortisone -even 1% that u can buy over the counter might help.

sorry know hydrocortisone is a dirty word but short spell usually does trick, relieves the itch and reduces discomfort .

strugstu Mon 27-Jun-05 23:40:19

for anyone who is \link{http://www.prodigy.nhs.uk/clinicalguidance/releasedguidance/webBrowser/pils/PL58.htm\interested in eczema

strugstu Mon 27-Jun-05 23:41:19

sorry try again!
interested in eczema

Fran1 Tue 28-Jun-05 00:18:23

I know some say you need to let it dry out. But this never works for me.
That doesn't look actually infected to me, but close to it.

When i get that bad, i smother constantly in Aveeno and this prevents further damage being done if you itch (and of course dirt from finger nails causing infection).
I mean literally every hour smother in Aveeno until it dies down.
If after three or four days of that mine doesn't get better, then i use steroids. (but i'm then left with vitiligo in its placed caused by steroids but GP won't agree with me) Hence my fear of them and beg anyone to not use them too much!

Hope it clears up.

nightowl Tue 28-Jun-05 00:43:52

doesnt look infected to me. i get excema in a mild form now but when i was 18 it would be all around my belly button and would itch and scab and bleed. it was agonising!! doctor gave me a cream for it which helped and told me to slap moituriser on it?. it looked much worse than that but wasnt infected. irritating as hell though [itchy emoticon]

puma Fri 01-Jul-05 22:23:13

Message withdrawn

biglips Sun 03-Jul-05 10:33:59

im puzzled now as the picture is showing a strawberry !!!!!

rickman Sun 03-Jul-05 10:39:10

Message withdrawn

biglips Sun 03-Jul-05 10:55:40

oh right i hope she is ok now?

Flamesparrow Sun 03-Jul-05 11:06:03

Tis a very nice lookin strawberry though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now