Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

another newbie!

(26 Posts)
Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 20:30:58

hey, was just browsing and found this site, nice to know there are forums out there! As you can prob work out from my nick, i am Jay and this is my first baby. I found out at about five weeks and i am now into my 12 wk, with my first scan tomorrow!!!! i have mixed emotions about that. So happy and excitied that i will be able to see something, yet extreamly anxious that everything will be ok.....am sure it will be, but you just never know.....
Anyway will let you know how it went, look forward to chatting to you all!
Jay :O

Magscat Sun 19-Jun-05 20:34:02

Hi Jay. Welcome & good luck for tomorow. Post back & let us all know how it went.

Look forward to hearing from you again

paolosgirl Sun 19-Jun-05 20:34:20

Hi and welcome . Hope all goes well tomorrow, and look forward to meeting you again on MN!

ebbie22 Sun 19-Jun-05 20:39:51

Hi so your bean is due dec?or is it jan?Either way they are threads for when you are due,eg dec...I am on the dec one so congratulations and look forward to chatting to u xx

trace2 Sun 19-Jun-05 20:42:39

hi wecome

Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 20:44:03

wow, responses so quickly!! i was just browsing some of the other threads ( i am new to this completely btw) and i saw reference to 'DH' what does this stand for, if anything? dear hubby maybe??
Due date for 'dave' as the other half calls it, is 31 December, so i guess i am in both the dec and jan group!!

ebbie22 Sun 19-Jun-05 20:47:30

y Dave?lk in the acronylist at top of page that will help with all the short words...Took me ages to get the hang off..

Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 20:48:48

he has this thing whereby if he doesnt know the name of someone, be it male or female, he just neams them 'Dave'.........yes i know, i wonder too!!

ebbie22 Sun 19-Jun-05 20:49:07

lol...

Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 20:54:02

found the acronym list, very helpful, my guess was right! can you view profileson this contraption then?
Have you had your first scan ebbie? whens your 'dave' due? will you find out the sex, is this yr first......so many questions sorry, just that i am bursting a bit, havent spoken to anyone other than my family and its oooooo good to be able to finally!!

Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 20:55:46

btw ( nice acronym lol) thanks to everyone who made me welcome, i will keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow!! oooo butterflies

ebbie22 Sun 19-Jun-05 20:58:32

hi,have 1 dd who is 2.5,am due on 10th dec,5 days after dd bday...
Had a scan on fri and am 15 wks....dont want to know the sex but mil knows its a boy???

Jaysfirst Sun 19-Jun-05 21:07:39

awww youre going to be busy for christmas then!! am offski to watch Big Brother make even more fools of thmselves, back tomorrow!! tc xx

ebbie22 Mon 20-Jun-05 08:40:19

gd luck for today xx ws

womba1 Mon 20-Jun-05 09:20:56

Wishing you, 'Dave' and 'Daves' daddy, all the best for today!!

Our peanut is due in February so we're right behind you!!

mandyc66 Mon 20-Jun-05 10:18:55

ditto! let us know how you get on!!! Bet you have a tear in your eye!!!

Magscat Mon 20-Jun-05 19:55:06

Hi Jay.

My dd was born New year's Eve but there's only something like 5% actually get born on their due date so don't bank on this being when your's turns up! (I'm sure you know that anyway).

How did the scan go?

mandyc66 Tue 21-Jun-05 20:28:01

no 1..6 days late
2...6 days late
3...16days late
4...on due date (christmas eve!!!!!)
5... 2 weeks early!!!!

helsi Tue 21-Jun-05 20:30:43

welcome to you. enjoy MN. I do. Don't take too much of the silliness too seriously.

mandyc66 Wed 22-Jun-05 11:53:44

how did the scan go?

Eshay Wed 22-Jun-05 21:32:59

Hi Jayfirst. Welcome to mumsnet. Have you found the 'Due in December' or 'Due in January' threads yet? I am in the January one, edd 20 Jan. There are various people who hang out in both threads as they can easily go into the next month.

Jaysfirst Wed 29-Jun-05 20:09:07

ok, so i am not quite used to this malarky yet!!
Scan went swimmingly, i was so relieved to know that it had all its right bits and bobs...and yes both myself and Max had a cry. In fact i was almost in hysterics, so much so that the lady had to stop the scan becasue i was laughing and crying so much my tummy was up and down like a yo yo! the picture was really clear and baby was lying there almost posing for its pic! its a truly amazing and wonderful thing.
Bought a pair of stretchy jeans today too as mine seem to be cutting me in half!!hows things with everyone else??

J xx

norash Wed 29-Jun-05 20:12:47

Welcome Jay.

Jaysfirst Wed 29-Jun-05 20:16:55

me againg....how do i go about finding the threads for the due date..ie. December or January

Tabs Wed 29-Jun-05 20:28:43

Welcome Jaysfirst

Dec thread here
and
Jan thread here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now