Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

loulabelles ds has a interview for modelling

(10 Posts)
loulabelle222 Sat 04-Jun-05 10:30:26

still not sure if i should do it or not... i will try and see how it goes if he doesn't like it i won't make him do it

lilibet Sat 04-Jun-05 10:33:15

My dd did it when she was about 2, it was no hassle for her but the hassle for me was tremendous. We lasted about a year, during which time she had two jobs, Early Learning Centre adn McLaren.

The other mothers really were something else!!

lilibet Sat 04-Jun-05 10:36:03

He is incredibly cute btw and something that was emphasised to us was that they need a personality that comes over - and in that photo of him it certainly does!

loulabelle222 Sat 04-Jun-05 10:39:23

i can only see how it goes.. are the other mums real snobs?

hercules Sat 04-Jun-05 10:44:46

We were stopped on the street once with ds. It's not something I would do personally for my kids but ds wanted to go for the photo shoot as it was being done there and then in central London where we were.
I was shocked and didnt want to take ds particulary after seeing the other kids fully prepared eg hair gel. I wouldnt do this to ds and he is 9, far too young.
They told us though this is why they were stopping people outside as the people who apply are pushy and they wanted kids to be natural for this shoot.
We didnt hear back and although it would have been nice none of us could care less.

I think both my kids are gorgous but I dont assume everyone else will as we all think our kids are beautiful.

I guess if it's your thing but to me it seems to be a vanity thing and not sure what it teaches kids about their own self image.

loulabelle222 Sat 04-Jun-05 10:48:27

i agree with u . I don't want ds (13m) to grow up only thinking and comparing looks. Yes sure i want him to take pride in how he looks but not too much pride. I will go for the experience. It isn't something he has to do or i have to do for the matter but hopefully it will be ok.

lilibet Sat 04-Jun-05 11:06:58

pushy, really really pushy.

We were asked to take dd to a place in Liverpool for a head and shoulders photo to go on the agency's head sheets (these are sheets with about 100 photos on which are sent to clints).

You have never seen such a collection of children!! The girls were practically invisible for the bows, ruffles etc, they were all so over the top (this was the 80's!!) with mothers to match! and it was for a head and shoulders shot!!

dd was sat there in a little plain red dress with a white collar looking lovely and completely out of place. But we never had to do anything like that again - the once was enough!

loulabelle222 Sat 04-Jun-05 12:21:42

i watched that modelling programme on discovery health and some of the kids were in love with themselves already i don't want ds to be like that.
He is a happy little bubba though and always is friendly with new faces.
He is going with scallywags .

Socci Sun 05-Jun-05 13:29:35

Message withdrawn

loulabelle222 Mon 13-Jun-05 23:27:10

decided not to go through with it... i dunno y just think it will be too much too young!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now