Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

My little girls (ancient history!)

(13 Posts)
Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:32:49

OK, I've been trying to make Picasa work (thanks, HM ) - let's see if I've done it right...

jessicasmummy Sat 04-Jun-05 00:33:30

WOW What cuties!

Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:33:48

hahahahaha! it works! (bit pixelly but OK)

Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:34:32

Thanks you, jm - the big one is a Jess!

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 00:34:37

Beautiful girls! How old are they now?

Glad Picasa worked

Feel all proud as if I wrote the program myself

JoolsToo Sat 04-Jun-05 00:35:34

they yours Jan? how lovely!

Where do you get the energy? I've had GDG and the 3 dgs for the last 3 days - I'm pooped!

Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:35:36

I will have to find a more close-up one to do it with - isn't Picasa clever though! (And it's only taken me about an hour of fiddling...I'm not clever!)

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 00:36:22

It's fabby - have you tried all the effects and things out? And I love that it's all undoable if you want to as well.

Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:37:43

They are 23 and 20 now - I will have to do an updated pic!

JT, I'm not surprised you're pooped, if I had 3 little ones around for one day I would be! Mine are at the self-starting stage now, in fact DS2 cooked tea tonight

Janh Sat 04-Jun-05 00:39:06

Effects? What? You'll frighten me back behind my stone-age rock, HM!

Lesson please?

RTKangaMummy Sat 04-Jun-05 00:40:08

JoolsToo Sat 04-Jun-05 00:40:29

- thought you'd got your second wind!

hunkermunker Sat 04-Jun-05 00:43:51

Double-click on a photo.

You get a set of three options on the left-hand side of the screen (basic fixes, tuning and effects).

Basic fixes are crop, straighten, redeye, I'm feeling lucky (which just balances your pic colour and contrast-wise automatically for you), Auto Contrast (just does the contrast), Auto colour (ditto but with colour) and fill light which lightens the pic.

Tuning does fill light, highlights, shadows, colour temperature and neutral colour picker - if you click on the wand icon, it sets them automatically for you.

The effects tab is fun - you can sharpen, sepia, black and white, warmify, film grain, tint (like B&W but with one colour), saturate (makes pics v bright colours!), soft focus, glow, filtered B&W, focal B&W (lets you keep colour in one part of the pic but B&W elsewhere - good for things like wedding photos when you want to just pick out the colour of the bouquet, for instance), and graduated tint.

Have fun! And remember, if you don't like what you've done, it's all undoable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now