Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Ailsa's DD's

(13 Posts)
Ailsa Mon 16-May-05 20:59:53

DD1 is 11 in July and has an audition tomorrow for the end of year show at school - West Side Story.

DD2 will be 2 in September and has taken to wandering around the house in my high heeled shoes.

RTKangaMummy Mon 16-May-05 21:04:39

Can't see them

Ailsa Mon 16-May-05 21:05:06

Sorry, had to resize the pic.

Hulababy Mon 16-May-05 21:05:22

Lovley photo

Good luck to DD1 on her audition, and LOL at DD2 and your shoes!

coppertop Mon 16-May-05 21:08:41

What gorgeous girls! Good luck to your dd for the audition tomorrow.

RTKangaMummy Mon 16-May-05 21:20:11

Oh thanks can see them now

lovely

Break a leg to DD for tomorrow

Let us know how she gets on

coppertop Wed 18-May-05 14:20:55

How did dd1's audition go?

Ailsa Thu 19-May-05 14:02:34

She will be told at school today. Will post later. She thinks that another girl will get the part of Maria - she had never heard this girl sing until the audition, and said that she was really good.

RTKangaMummy Thu 19-May-05 14:03:38

Hope it is good news

Marina Thu 19-May-05 14:04:21

But the Rita Moreno role is WAY juicier, Ailsa. Maria is a drippy gurl in comparison...really. And now you're going to post and tell us dd1 got Maria!
Two lovely girls

Ailsa Thu 19-May-05 20:18:15

DD was rather upset after school as she didn't get any of the main parts. I've told her, her time will come. She's starting at the local stage school after half term doing drama, modern jazz and disco. They get to put on a show at the local theatre every two years.

NomDePlume Thu 19-May-05 20:20:45

I missed the DD1 audition stuff, Ailsa . I'm sorry I've been a bit distant lately, the weeks seem to be flying by.

Marina Fri 20-May-05 09:33:09

It's so good to see the Swan back in business after troubled times Ailsa. Very sorry dd1 didn't get a main part, but I am sure her time will come.
If she has a flair for stage work, it could just be that her teacher knows she will do well at youth theatre and not cast her in a major role at school. My drama teacher actually ran my youth theatre group and saw to it that because I got some nice roles outside school, other girls had their chance in the school productions. I was gutted at the time, but at 41 and three quarters I think I've forgiven him now...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now