Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

New mum on the block

(11 Posts)
fatmomma Mon 02-May-05 00:48:50

Hello everyone, I just discovered mn yesterday and am already addicted! Enjoying following some of the threads - some funny, some helpful and some down right rude .

I am 32, married to dh for almost 7 years and have one ds, almost 2yrs. dh is an engineer in the Royal Navy - the gorgeous uniform goes some way to making up for the time he spends away . I work part-time, mornings only, as a project manager for a well known mail order company. When I'm not doing that or looking after ds I am studying Geology with the OU or doing voluntary work for the NCT. I am also hoping to start training as an Antenatal Teacher soon.

I'm a bit of a night owl so if you're up late we may well be 'chatting' often.

hunkermunker Mon 02-May-05 00:49:31

Hi, Fatmomma, nice to "meet" you. I'm a night-owl too, so no doubt will chat often Welcome to MN!

fatmomma Mon 02-May-05 00:56:47

Hi Hunkermunker, nice to have some company at this time of night/morning. I belong to an OU 'Online Conference' (academic speak for a chat room) and they are all tucked up in bed by 10pm! Which is where I should be, I have a charity event to run tomorrow where I must be civil to the public .

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 00:59:59

hi fatmomma. I have non sleeping DTs (darling twins) and am often up late. Easy to become addicted, not so easy to leave, even when your eyes are closing. lol

fatmomma Mon 02-May-05 01:07:30

I once niavely thought twins would be fun but then I had my ds and realised how much work having one baby is ! We have triplets in our family - how does that work with breastfeeding I wonder?

strugstu Mon 02-May-05 02:24:51

hi FM another night owl here, i'm usually knocking about the 'student parents' threads which i find quite supportive, occaisionaly venture onto others. i am currently at uni. finish this year, doing public health. find lots of support on here, but its very addictive and i have to limit my activity, otherwise i dont get anything done!

suzi2 Thu 23-Jun-05 23:55:08

Hiya Fatmomma. Looking forward to chatting some more...

moondog Thu 23-Jun-05 23:56:52

Hi fatmooma!
You can kiss goodbye to that degree now you've discussed MN!
(Lovely picture btw!)

morocco Fri 24-Jun-05 00:00:08

what a pair of cutie pies you have! look forward to chatting to another night owl

fatmomma Fri 24-Jun-05 00:00:38

Tell me about it moondog, I should be studying refractive indices instead of hanging around on here!

Suzi2, are you usually a late night lurker. I have noticed there are definately 'shifts' on MN.

suzi2 Fri 24-Jun-05 00:15:38

Not usually quite so late - usually sent to my bed by DH at 11ish but he's been on a night out so is just in and a but merry...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now