Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hi everyone! I'm new to Mumsnet.......

(14 Posts)
Misspiggy Thu 28-Apr-05 21:46:54

I'm 40 ( OMG...that's very scary seeing that in black and white!), with a DH and 2 DS, 15 and 9. I work full time with the military (verrrrry testosterone charged environment but the "scrummy men in uniform thing" more than makes up for all that machismo!)so Mumsnet is a welcome lunchtime girly refuge for tips on dieting (love the GI thread), stroppy teenagers and how to win the daily battle with housework / shopping (my 2nd home is Tesco )amongst many other things!

PuffTheMagicDragon Thu 28-Apr-05 21:48:04

Welcome Misspiggy - lurve the name - I am 40 too - this weekend !

Lonelymum Thu 28-Apr-05 21:49:22

Hi Misspiggy, sounds like a full and exciting life you have there! Wish I could be a fly on the wall and soak up some of that men in uniform thing! I am also 40 and have a ds who is nearly 9......and three other younger children Hope you enjoy Mumsnet.

beansprout Thu 28-Apr-05 21:50:16

Hi and welcome!!

nailpolish Thu 28-Apr-05 21:50:18

hi and welcome. i like mn too cos its a girly refuge. you can ask a stupid question, someone will give you a serious answer, someone will argue with you and someone else will take the piss. wonderful! hope to chat to you again soon

AngelCakeUmm Thu 28-Apr-05 21:56:14

Hello Misspiggy and welcome your life sounds fab, you shall find alot of help on mumsnet

So grab yourself a drink and pull up a chair

Misspiggy Fri 29-Apr-05 12:57:03

PTMD - unfortunately my name reflects my rather "rotund" appearance <<< flicks hair in a porcine fashion>>> which is why I enjoy your GI thread so much, you've done so well! I was determined to not be fat and forty but oops...here I am 40 and a half and I'm still going to "start tomorrow" aaaargh! HAPPY BIRTHDAY for this weekend as well - hope you have a fab time!
Lonelymum - I'll have a "leer" for you next time a scrummy fella wanders past my office How do you cope with 4 children...plenty of Merlot and deep breathing exercises?!
Thanks everyone else for the welcome!

sandy25 Fri 29-Apr-05 13:16:26

Hi there, I'm new at this too, im 25 with two boys of my own and two step-children, both boys who stay with us regularly. not working at the moment, too busy studying. went back to finish my high schooling last year, at TAFE this year to become teachers assistant. this is fun, not much to do at night but watch t.v. this much better

womba1 Fri 29-Apr-05 13:28:08

Hello Misspiggy, welcome to Mumsnet!
How on earth do you manage to get any work done with all that male totty floating around?? That's my idea of heaven... if you ever need anyone to do your filing,make you tea or whatever...CAT me...PLEASE!!!!

Mhamai Fri 29-Apr-05 13:33:53

Hi and welcome Misspiggy I'm fairly new to mn too, I have a dd 18 and a ds 4, I'm between jobs at the mo but am training to be a counsellor so am very busy with end of yr assignments, be warned mn is sooooooooo addictive but its greaaaaaaaaaaaat Hope to meet you on the various threads

Misspiggy Sat 30-Apr-05 17:17:21

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome - I'm off now to have a look around the threads....see you all there! x

MarsLady Mon 02-May-05 12:47:20

hi misspiggy. I'm not sure, but how nice to work with men in uniform! lol

Hugely addictive this place, are you sure you want to be here? lol

Misspiggy Mon 02-May-05 18:33:13

Marslady - addictive isn't the word for it! My DH who usually hogs the PC at home has gone out until 8 ish tonight so I've been popping in and out all afternoon in between the ironing (yes - its life on the edge for me these days!) to MN as a reward for however many shirts I've done . Must admit that the uniform thing does make it a bit easier to drag myself into work! Oh dear, am I turning into one of those old ladies on the Harry Enfield Show "young man" !!

Gobbledigook Mon 02-May-05 18:35:59

Welcome! Enjoy your new addiction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now