Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Pleased to meet you all!

(16 Posts)
ruthiemum Mon 18-Apr-05 17:43:34

I thought I'd better do the decent thing and introduce myself formally! I have a 2 1/2 year old son (who is now batting me in the face with a plane) and I am 4 months pregnant with the next addition. I work from home (which is a real big bonus) but since joining here I haven't done much work and really need to do some before I lose my job! I live in sunny (hah) Macclesfield in Cheshire and have done all my life - so it must have some attraction!

marthamoo Tue 19-Apr-05 23:17:53

I missed this. Hello fellow Maxonian - born and bred though, I'm an incomer

ruthiemum Tue 19-Apr-05 23:19:36

everyone fits in here though, it only takes 20 years for them to stop being suspicious of you!!!! Especially if you dare to have a different accent!

MarsLady Tue 19-Apr-05 23:20:45

hi welcome

coldtea Tue 19-Apr-05 23:22:17

Hi & Welcome! I no longer get much housework done since finding MN! Check out the time, i can't even go to bed without checking it! It's true what they say it is addictive.

I have a 4.10yo ds & a 20month old dd.

ruthiemum Tue 19-Apr-05 23:24:34

i know, dh is beginning to think i have gone crazy being on here all the time - he says MN AGAIN! (this is while I am pretending to work)!

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 23:29:49

Ruthiemum, WELCOME TO MN!

I post so many times whoslt at work that I'm bloody sure I'll get fired one day..... but hey it's worth it... can't think of a better reason to be sacked!

ruthiemum Tue 19-Apr-05 23:34:12

I've already thought of an excuse if they sack me, I'll do them for discrimination cos i need counselling for a true addiction, being on here all the time. Can't think of a better way to while away the hours!

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 23:37:36

During a bit of a spat on here one day ( a loooong time ago) someone actually commented on how much time I spend on here during working hours... their parting shot was.. "I just hope you're not wasting tax payers money"!!

I think there should be a rise in income tax to accommodate us MN'ers! Hmph...

ruthiemum Tue 19-Apr-05 23:40:03

No way!!!!!! do they not realise we are actually multi tasked including typing, phone calls and in my case feeding a toddler! Although dh is well trained in household tasks now so i can pretend i am working from home!

Toothache Tue 19-Apr-05 23:43:49

lol Ruthiemum!

I might as well be feeding a toddler too, I work with middle-aged men in the construction industry.... therefore I double as a Nursery Nurse! Get dummies spat out at me all over the place.

giraffeski Thu 21-Apr-05 22:24:42

Message withdrawn

ruthiemum Fri 22-Apr-05 19:43:04

Hello!!!! Can't believe how close together us Cheshire girls live. Haven't been on here past couple of days, I really HAD to do some work instead of daydreaming on here all day - I felt so deprived! So what is wrong with Congleton then - too much night life!!!!

mummylonglegs Fri 22-Apr-05 20:53:28

Message deleted

ruthiemum Fri 22-Apr-05 20:56:03

The most boringiness ( I know not a word!) work ever. I do reports for Colleges on learner feedback to help with Ofsted reports. Basically data after data - but looking after a two year old it's lucky I don't have to think that hard. Do u work from home?

giraffeski Sat 23-Apr-05 00:21:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now