Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hello from Frenchy in Cardiff

(12 Posts)
Frenchy72 Mon 18-Apr-05 11:10:23

Hi! My name is Cecile, I am 33, originally from Paris and I have lived in Cardiff for 2 years (and don't know anyone really). I am the mega proud mum of ds 13 months . dh from North Yorkshire sadly almost never home because of his job. anyone in this situation?
thanks!

NomDePlume Mon 18-Apr-05 11:49:41

What a lovely pair you make

Hi Frenchy , welcome to MN. I know there are loads of MNers in SWales and quite a few of the meet-ups are held in Cardiff so keep your eyes peeled on the Meet-ups board for the next one.

ggglimpopo Mon 18-Apr-05 11:50:43

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Mon 18-Apr-05 11:51:33

Message withdrawn

Frenchy72 Mon 18-Apr-05 14:26:17

Hi Both - thanks very much for your welcome messages and compliment on the baby, much appreciated!!! NomdePlume has a got an awesome picture too! where was it taken?
Cardiff is great for a family I think, I much prefer it to Paris where I found the people difficult (so agressive, dear dear dear ....). My favorite place in France is Saint Emilion, funny enough, very close to you ggglimpopo!
Bye for now

ggglimpopo Mon 18-Apr-05 17:42:06

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Mon 18-Apr-05 17:44:04

Thank you

The one with my DD was taken on Woolacombe beach in Devon

The one without my DD was taken on Kos

FrenchGirl Tue 19-Apr-05 09:52:13

Salut Cecile!! Moi aussi je suis francaise mariee a un anglais. J'ai une fille de 5 ans et demi, et j'habite a Bristol. Mon mari travaille a Londres. Bienvenue a Mumsnet! Et super photo, vous avez l'air heureux tous les deux, ton fils est tres mignon!
J'aime beaucoup St Emilion egalement (j'etais etudiante a Bordeaux)

bonym Tue 19-Apr-05 10:17:38

Hi Frenchy - I'm also in Cardiff although haven't been on any of the meet-ups yet (only gave birth 4 weeks ago). We should try to arrange a mums & babes meet-up sometime - when I get a chane I will start a thread - have to go, dd crying!

Frenchy72 Tue 19-Apr-05 10:55:04

Hi everyone. just like ggglimpopo I would not go back to my country. It is so nice here. I miss my family and friends, but not the food! actually it is quite easy to find some nice food here.
There are fab shops like M&S, Sainsbury etc.
the only complain I have is the NHS (Oh my!).
I don't know what you think Frenchgirl, but some of my colleagues here tell me that I haven't made friends in Cardiff because they think that French people are too sophisticated, and also they are impressed by people who give up everything to come and live in theit country and can speak several languages. Have you experienced that? cold it be true or my colleagues just try to be nice? Anyone has an opinion on that?
How is Bristol compared to Bordeaux?

bye for now?

FrenchGirl Tue 19-Apr-05 11:09:10

Hi Frenchy, I don't know why it's hard to make friends here to be honest... I think maybe we have a reputation for arrogance which puts people off even before they meet any individual French people? Maybe some think we're weird because we're foreign? I have given up trying to understand, but I have slowly made a few friends now. They tend to be people who travel a lot and are used to 'foreign ways' though... It will be easier when your son starts school though. What work do you do?
Bristol is nice, haven't you been here yet? Great zoo, and when your little one is older, bring him to '@Bristol'. Good restaurants (Browns is great with kids), nice walks on the Downs, good theatre for children (but bad secondary education...)

sallystrawberry Mon 02-May-05 11:55:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now