Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

New today so hoping to have chats and meet new mums

(61 Posts)
kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 08:52:53

Hi everyone,this is my first time using mumsnet so i don`t really know what to expect..... i live in Mildenhall and have a 19 month old little girl called Ellen or Ellie as we call her. I would love to find some mums who live near by so we could possibly meet up for chats as Ellie and me don`t know anyone with kids.

marthamoo Wed 13-Apr-05 09:13:28

Hi kimbox, welcome to Mumsnet. I don't know where Mildenhall is so I guess it's not near me (I'm in Cheshire). Be warned - Mumsnet is very addictive!

SoupDragon Wed 13-Apr-05 09:23:19

Hi kimbox

You can expect support and arguments, fun stuff and sad stuff, useful stuff and useless... pretty much everything really.

Mildenhall is Norfolk/Suffolk borders isn't it?

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:23:57

Yes i know what you mean, i find i keep looking to see if someone has responded to any of my messages. It`s nice to have chats with people...beats watching the CBeebies!!!! Don`t know if you have any tips on getting my little one to eat something else rather than ham, shes into finger food at the mo but i,m getting stuck on what to give her. Have you any little ones?

ootslooJ Wed 13-Apr-05 09:24:04

morning! and hello

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:27:05

Yep its in Suffolk, not alot happens round here and there aren`t any mums groups we can go to so it`s nice to have mums to chat with, not much fun for Ellie but great for me!! I,m sure she won`t mind though x

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 09:28:07

This is great!!! didn`t think i would have this many people wanting to chat xx

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 10:27:33

*Hi there* Welcome to the website. New too since yesterday but not sure since i screwed up with registering!!!. We live in London; am french and 35; dd british and 40. This site seems very addictive and very lively - you are right marthamoo! Went trough hell over the years re miscarriages etc but were blessed with successful second ivf. Our little girl India is 13 months and great fun. Am at work but feel very lazy... Come and chat! Have a good day all.

Gobbledigook Wed 13-Apr-05 10:31:25

Welcome to your new addiction

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 10:40:42

talk to me.... pleeease! any kids? where do you live? being driven mad my colleague here... are you at work too?

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 11:19:11

Hello to the new ones that have joined this chat
Well Ellie has finely gone for her morning sleep so i am now sitting and having a coffee, thought i would check to see if anyone is around for a chat???

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 11:36:28

At last!!!! nice coffee? could kill for one myself. how old is Ellie? nothing wrong with the Cbeebies!

BROWNY Wed 13-Apr-05 11:43:21

Hi Kimbox21, welcome to Mumsnet - I'd better warn you though - you're house will soon be a tip just like mine (with a mountain of ironing too probably - ! - the site is extremely addictive!

As soon as my ds (10 months) goes down for his nap in the morning - no longer do I dive under the shower - oh no.... I jump on the computer to catch up with all the lastest goings on .

By the way [BTW] all the 'codes' are under the 'acronym list' at the top of the page, it takes some getting used to.

Oh, I'm in Liverpool, so not near you but wanted to say hi.

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 12:13:53

Hi to Nanou1 and browny

Totally agree.....i have got all the house work to do but i find myself sitting on the lap top (not literally..ha ha) it`s much more fun having a chat and finding out about others.
Ellie is 19 months old and a little star but i would say that i suppose....she has just started to do the tantrum thing which i try to ignore and she doesn`t eat anything apart from finger food which is becoming a problem as i,m running out of things to give her.
So how about you 2....any kids and how old? boys or girls?

BROWNY Wed 13-Apr-05 12:24:18

Hi Kimbox21, I've got two girls and two boys (don't know how that happened lol). DD1 is 9 years old, dd2 is 7 and half, ds1 is 5 and half and ds2 is 10 months old!!

I can't remember much when the first three were really small (I was on autopilot for a lot of the time). We always planned to have another baby when ds1 started school and we found out I was expecting in the August just as Ds1`started school in the September - how clever are we? .

Have you got much help with babysitting etc? We hardly ever go out and when we do, all we seem to do is have an nice meal and end up in Tescos or Asda on the way home for some essential item of food that we've forgotten to buy - how sad!!

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 12:35:07

Hi BROWNY, Mum and Dad live 10 mins up the road from us so they tend to do all the babysitting bless them....Ellie is their 1st granchild so they love spending time with her which is really good for us, mind you we also tend to just go out for a nice meal and come 10pm i am ready for bed as i,m knackered....you must be worn out having 4....i,m bad enough with just 1, mind you i do have to be up for work at 5am so that may have someting to do with it, luckily i only work 3 days a week.

BROWNY Wed 13-Apr-05 12:41:39

You're so lucky having your mum and dad so close, I lost my mum 15 years ago and my dad is getting on a bit now, so I don't expect him to look after the children - he does take them to school in the morning for me - he said he likes that bit of time with them!

I don't know how you manage to be in work at that time of night, I'm not a morning person at all - good job I'm a stay at home mum! .

Lucycat Wed 13-Apr-05 12:48:10

Welcome kimbox! MN is great, there is always someone who knows the answer to every question under the sun! the people are very friendly and rather bonkers - or is that just me - be warned though - it is very addictive!!

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 12:49:43

Wish i was a stay at home mum, i always feel guilty when i leave her, mind you at least shes with DH when i,m working or with my mum if we are both at work, going in that time is a bit of a nightmare but i get to finish at 2pm so at least i get to spend the afternoon and evenings with her
Sorry to hear about your mum, you must miss her, are you close with your DH family?

kimbox21 Wed 13-Apr-05 12:53:33

Hi Lucycat

Yep i`d agree with it been addictive!!!
So do you have any little ones?
Talking of people knowing the answer to things....have you got any tips on finger food?

joec Wed 13-Apr-05 13:18:46

hi everyone,
laso got 2 boys and 2 girls like browny.. and from liverpool..
of course house is a tip cause a ssoon as baby goes to sleep i am checking the web page on the pc

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 13:24:44

Hello Kimbox and co! i am back. one spends more time reading all the messages to catch up rather than writing them! how do you do it to be able to be up at 5am???!!!! re ironing, i have a huge pile at home and cannot face it at the mo. blaming it on the weather since it is raining in London. my flat is a mess too. Re my family; my babe india is 13 months. i am french and dh british. i work 2.5 days a week and india goes to nursery 3 days a week. we do not go out and since india was born i went out twice on girlie evenings and twice with dh. uk family live in west country. uk grandma babysat once and london auntie never.... very sore subject for me . being "catholic" breton, family is very precious and we take our "duties" or role very seriously indeed. I love being at home but it is just from time to time that i would love to go and wander around shops (cannot remember last time i did that!) or beauty counter or do any kind of girlie thing without having to watch the time. that's it! once you have a child you're constantly watching the time! I hope i don't sound down ; it's not meant to. need some advice on self feeding for India. India drives me nuts since she likes to drop her cup or plate on the floor (from sitting on highchair); it is very funny after all isn't it?! How do you handle it so that they don't do it again? she does not seem to do it at nursery... over to you.

joec Wed 13-Apr-05 13:34:12

hi nanou1,
sounds like its just a habit she has got into and she probably thinks its funny to watch you stressenig out over it ..just a phase they all go through...
not so much fun for you cleaning it up though !!!!

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 13:43:31

Hi Joec. LOL you can say that again! it's not so bad when it is finger food but otherwise it splashes everywhere! oh well, some days i can think and react rationally and some i cannot! how long does this last for?!

Nanou1 Wed 13-Apr-05 13:45:16

how old is your babe joec? and bravo re house being a tip. don't let us down! am at work.... but not doing much... work? what is the weather like in liverpool?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: