Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Anyway to be anonymous?

(7 Posts)
TracyK Fri 04-Mar-05 09:51:35

How can you join in threads that you don't wish to be public in - do you just re-join as a new person?
I don't want anything to back fire in months/years to come if my dh ever came online and saw some of my postings. Slim chance I know - but sods law.......

lou33 Fri 04-Mar-05 09:54:14

if you go to your member profile you can change your nickname from there. You will still own your original one, so you can flick between any you register under your profile.

mummytosteven Fri 04-Mar-05 09:54:21

what people usually do is to go into their Member Profile and choose an alias before posting - like nobody/anon etc and post under this.

iota Fri 04-Mar-05 09:54:49

just go into Your member profile (in blue near the top of the page Headed Useful stuff) and change your nickname

TracyK Fri 04-Mar-05 09:57:19

Oh - so can you chance your nickname, do your posting and then change it back to normal?

lou33 Fri 04-Mar-05 10:01:20

yes

mummytosteven Fri 04-Mar-05 10:02:38

might also be helpful to change your nickname permanently to something that doesn't resemble your real name to make you less easily guessable.

another you might want to do if posting about personal stuff is "tinker" with the ages/no of your kids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now