Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

this member is off

(38 Posts)
dejags Tue 01-Mar-05 18:41:58

honestly I am not looking for attention or people to ask me to stay, I just wanted to let those of you who I converse regularly know why I wont be around anymore.

Mumsnet used to be a haven for me - it has seen me through thick and thin. Frankly it serves no purpose in my life anymore, beyond saddening me and leaving me feel inadequate.

Thanks to all of you who have helped me in the last three years

cheers ladies!

Enid Tue 01-Mar-05 18:43:00

why dejags, we'll miss you

god it wasnt me was it [paranoid icon]

MistressMary Tue 01-Mar-05 18:43:04

Sorry to here that, but the best of luck to you and your family.

lockets Tue 01-Mar-05 18:45:54

Message withdrawn

snafu Tue 01-Mar-05 18:46:33

Dejags, what's happened?

jangly Tue 01-Mar-05 18:46:42

Oh dear - another one of the old ones! (Iyswim, dejags - not being rude!)

MummytoSteven Tue 01-Mar-05 18:47:26

dejags - it's one of the silly season moments again. it will pass. then crop up again in a few months.

hope to see you here again at some future time

MummytoSteven Tue 01-Mar-05 18:47:39

silly season on MN, not with you IYSWIM

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 01-Mar-05 18:48:45

Goodbye. I hope you find joy and happiness and feel brilliant in all that you do.

sansouci Tue 01-Mar-05 18:49:26

What happened to make you want to leave, dejags? Some of the stuff on here can border on the cruel & insensitive but I don't see any real malice... reconsider, please! you sound so pissed off, what is it?

marthamoo Tue 01-Mar-05 19:03:22

Well you may not be looking for people to ask you to stay but I'm going to anyway. Will be sad to see you go. If it's the breast/bottle slanging matches - I've just ignored them. Posted once early on, saw the way it was going and bowed out. I doubt people are quite so opinionated to another's face - I think it's easy to be militant on here.

I'll miss you...will you not reconsider?

Dior Tue 01-Mar-05 19:13:29

Message withdrawn

Miaou Tue 01-Mar-05 19:16:10

Dejags - - I will miss you and although you do not want to be asked, please stay. I was really worried for you re. the breast/bottlefeeding threads having read your previous thread about the attitudes of your mother and toddler group - they couldn't have come along at a worse time for you.

But, just as there are supportive people and those who speak before they think in RL, there are people like that on MN - because we are RL people too. Like MTS said, things have gone a bit pear-shaped these last few days, and it does happen from time to time. I'm just so sorry that you got caught up in the middle of it.

Please reconsider - there's a lot of people out here (like me) who probably haven't had much "direct" conversation with you before but who will really miss you on MN

nappybaglady Tue 01-Mar-05 19:18:11

sorry if you do go - you seem to be one of the voices of reason from the threads I've read.

Anyway, I don't think there's an MN-anonymous help group set up yet so you might not be able to break the addiction

maisystar Tue 01-Mar-05 19:20:06

agree with miaou,i don't think i have 'spoken' to you directly but agree with a lot of the things you have said and hope you don't leave mn

what about taking a 'holiday'?

galaxy Tue 01-Mar-05 19:23:29

Sorry to hear this dejags. I hope you'll come back to see us again in the future.

stitch Tue 01-Mar-05 19:30:59

why dejags, dont leave.
i was just getting into mumsnet. if i said anything to upset, sorry sorry sorry.

charleypops Tue 01-Mar-05 19:35:14

Dear Dejags

Please reconsider you have helped me invaluably (remember you CATed me re a bfar book?) I do know some threads have been a bit nasty lately and it was beginning to really get me down. There are still plenty of women on here though that need people like you, and you might need them (us) in the future. They just choose not to post when threads deteriorate because they can't handle it. I'm not referring to any threads in particular, ie the breast/bottle debates, because I haven't read them. Will now though.

Please don't go!

x

HappyMumof2 Tue 01-Mar-05 21:06:07

Message withdrawn

mears Tue 01-Mar-05 21:13:10

dejags - please reconsider your decision. Mumsnet can get frought at times but I try not to take issues too personally because the support available here can be invaluable too.

I hope you can have a break and come back to post again.

PuffTheMagicDragon Tue 01-Mar-05 21:22:25

dejags - have a break and then come back . The lovely, reasonable, fun, hilarious people on here far outweigh the odd ignorant, belligerent t*sser.

Don't let 'em get to you.

Hulababy Tue 01-Mar-05 21:26:55

Sorry to hear that.

FairyMum Tue 01-Mar-05 21:36:09

nooo, have a break, have a kitkat, and come back. I sometimes have loooong breaks. Just avid thread shiwhc annoys you

Gwenick Tue 01-Mar-05 21:37:37

oh dear - I bet I'm at least partly to blame - I'm sorry and please don't leave

hatsoff Tue 01-Mar-05 21:38:05

dejags, a few weeks ago I felt like leaving too. (even hinted at it by changing my name) but I think I've been around now long enough to spot a potentially upsetting thread when I see one and I just ignore them. Like mathamoo I dipped into the breastfeeding one, cautiously, but didn't get involved in any of the real fall out. I'm just much more selective these days

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now