Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

marthamoo

(27 Posts)
marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:38:27

This is my old member profile, slightly updated!

I'm not a martha (or a moo!)

I'll be 36 in October, have two boys (8 ina couple of weeks and 3), am a SAHM, married for 8 years, but have been together since 1990 when we met at Uni. From Manchester originally; now live in Macclesfield, Cheshire. Was a Librarian in a previous incarnation: didn't have a bun, never said "shuush!"

I like: MNing, eating, sleeping, cooking, drinking copious amounts of red wine, and having a good laugh/putting the world to rights with friends.

I don't like: moths or peanut butter.

On my bedside table: baby monitor; spare watch; Body Shop hemp hand cream; Body Shop coconut lip butter; set of Marvel Comic Heroes Top Trumps cards; 3 books: The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, Sophie Kinsella (read); Shadowmancer, GP Taylor (struggling to get into); Touching the Void, Joe Simpson (read). UPDATE: Never did read Shadowmancer. Am reading the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency books now - on to the 4th one (Tears of the Giraffe?)

Things I would change about myself: wish I was confident enough to drive. I can but I won't. Wish I liked playing: would love to be the sort of Mum who can spend hours on hands and knees playing with Lego or Play Doh. Unfortunately, I tend to lapse into a coma after about two minutes.

Personality: curious mixture of uptight and anal (dh calls me Monica, after the Friends character) and laid backness. Not an Earth Mother! Have found it a very steep, very difficult learning curve, aggravated by bouts of PND.

Favourite book: Anne of Green Gables. The literary equivalent of mashed potato, pure comfort food!

Favourite TV: diehard Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, also Angel, also ER. Don't watch a single soap and tend to avoid reality TV like the plague.

Current project: WeightWatchers! trying to get down to pre-ds2 weight of 9 and a half stone. Getting there..have lost 17 pounds, 16 still to go! UPDATE! Made it to goal, but have put 9lbs on since Christmas, boo-hoo

Last phone call: my younger brother ringing from work. Asked if I was up to anything exciting and I said I am meeting some people I have met via the internet on Friday (MN Mini Macclesfield Meet). He thinks I am insane and sure to be kidnapped and end up dead in a ditch somewhere. I am instructed to stay in a public place (it's the park, duh) and tell everyone I know where I am going and when I will be back. Bless him!

Been posting on Mumsnet for almost two years and am hopelessly addicted. You lot keep me sane (ish!)

Is this the longest member profile? I also talk TOO MUCH!!!!

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:39:07

Won't let me do a pic - page cannot be displayed. Grrrrrr.

PhotoTech Fri 25-Feb-05 09:40:40

I keep getting that this morning - just keep retrying, will come up eventually

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:45:40

Can't make it small enough.

JoolsToo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:45:44

is your birthday the 2nd by any chance?

fascinating profile there moo - like the bit about lapsing into a coma when playing a lot of us don't find it easy - I just grit my teeth when playing with dgs's cos I know they like it - but trains really aren't my thing!

Touching the Void was the most fascinating book I've read and is quite unebelievable. GDG bought me Life and Limb by Jamie Andrew who was stuck with his mate on a ridge in the French Alps - his pal died, he lost his hands and feet but still climbs - good read!

funny how some are having trouble with the picture thing - try again - pretty please!

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:47:01

Don't get excited - it's not a sensible picture (though it is of me).

PhotoTech Fri 25-Feb-05 09:47:42

email pic to me if you want marthamoo

antlxstew at yahoo.co.uk

(was resizing pics for folks yesterday - hence the jokey name change )

Snugs Fri 25-Feb-05 09:49:09

But I'm changing name back - cos I'm even confusing myself!

JoolsToo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:50:14

yes and the real techies might shout

Snugs Fri 25-Feb-05 09:51:55

ssshhhh, they might hear you - don't want them finding out

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 09:54:10

Have just emailed it to you - thanks Snugs.

Snugs Fri 25-Feb-05 09:58:06

You should have it by now

NomDePlume Fri 25-Feb-05 09:59:13

I wanna see moo

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 10:12:20

Duh - how do I get it from that email to here?

NomDePlume Fri 25-Feb-05 10:15:13

save from the email to your photos folder on your pc (wherever you store all your other pictures). Then just use the 'Click here to upload a photo' link and follow the instructions. Use the browse button to select the new, smaller photo file and then click 'ok' (or whatever the command is. Simple.

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 10:19:29

Hah! Did it! Thanks everyone!

fairyfly Fri 25-Feb-05 10:20:49

you have my work station

JoolsToo Fri 25-Feb-05 10:30:46

what a cheat!

you have the most beautiful MN hand I ever did see!

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 10:33:20

Well at least it is me!

DaddyCool Fri 25-Feb-05 10:36:02

phwoor, that's a sexy hand!

marthamoo Fri 25-Feb-05 10:36:56

I'm a married laydee - you can't say that to me

NomDePlume Fri 25-Feb-05 11:05:40

Cheaty pants

JanH Fri 25-Feb-05 23:15:19

Your desk is so clean, moo!

partymoo Fri 25-Feb-05 23:16:44

Only that tiny bit of it, Jan!

hunkermunker Tue 19-Apr-05 23:25:26

What lovely knuckles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now