Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

quite new to Mumsnet - addicted

(11 Posts)
harrogatemum Tue 22-Feb-05 18:08:10

Hi all - I've posted on some threads - mainly on the multiples thread as I have twin boys born in Nov but thought I would introduce myself on here too! How do you all ration your time on MN? I struggle to come off it at night!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 22-Feb-05 18:10:27

Ration time on mumsnet????????? Don't be daft harrogate. We're all trapped on here!!!!!!!!! <<evil cackle>>

Welcome. It's good chatting with you on the multiples thread. MarsLady

littlemissbossy Tue 22-Feb-05 18:11:37

Hi harrogatemum - leedsmum here
I am completely addicted to MN and must start to ration my time on here - I've got a new job, starting next week, so I'll have to!! I'm really glad about the job, but one of my first thoughts was "OMG, I won't be able to go on Mumsnet!"

Xena Tue 22-Feb-05 18:12:51

Hi HM. I'm fairly new as well and my DH is moaning about how much time I spend on here My sister is Toomanypushchairs so I am sure you met her.

SeaShells Tue 22-Feb-05 18:14:07

I don't! Just a tip, take a photo of your loved ones and stick it above your computer because soon you'll start to forget what they all look like, you'll be on here so much! Welcome harrogatemum!

LGJ Tue 22-Feb-05 18:41:36

Well,

I don't would rather be having "virtual conversations" on here than watching the trash that passes for entertainment these days.

God I sound like my Dad, about the TV that is not MNet

Amanda3266 Tue 22-Feb-05 18:43:58

I'm addicted too - my dh moans that he doesn't see me in the evenings. Now threatening to come to mumsnet himself.

Potty1 Tue 22-Feb-05 19:14:20

Hi harrogate - my advice is get a teenager. Mine grunt at me until I have to let them on MSN

harrogatemum Wed 23-Feb-05 09:06:08

just concerned about going back to work in June and secretly spending all day on MN....my dh works at the same place as me and will rumble me instantly!

breeze Wed 23-Feb-05 09:27:48

When I first started to mumsnet I was hooked and spent every spare moment on it, I would start a thread and thenm click the refresh button every 10 seconds to see if someone had replied.

I am sure that if I said to my dh ones more time, "on mumsnet....................." he was going to divorce me.

My mumsnet addition faded when I got my ebay addiction, but I was selling instead of buying so was making money.

I do still come on here from time to time.

Frizbe Wed 23-Feb-05 09:31:23

lol breeze, and Hi to Harrogatemum!
I try not to spend too much time on here (as technically have work to do! so much for working from home discipline...) although now dh has found Everquest II, its making it a lot easier in the evenings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now