Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

3mummy intro

(4 Posts)
3mummy Tue 22-Feb-05 17:38:37

Hello, I am kinda new. I have been posting especially on the "due in March" forums for a little while, and then I noticed this one and thought I'd made a big faux pax by not introducing my self first!

I am 27, am happily married to DH and have been for 7yrs, we have two DDs, DD1 is 5 and DD2 is 4 next month. We are expecting "child" no. 3 on the 23rd March - don't know what it will be yet, but we are all very excited!!

DH works away every 4 days and I am a stay at home mummy, which I love. My own Mum died 9 years ago of breast cancer, and I don't have any other "female support" as so many other mums seem to have. I, therefore have no hesitation in bugging my health visitor or doctor for advice or reassurance! It also means it was great for me to find this place as you all seem so knowledgeable .

I have two awful MILs (DH has a step mum) and am lucky that we live a fair distance from them. My Dad is close by and is very supportive - likes to pop in for a cuppa and usually brings me cake !! Love my Dad very much and we are very close, but he's the old fashioned sort, he's brill with my girls but not a nappy changer!! DH is great, very hands on and was my rock when I had PND after DD2. (when all MILs could say was "pull yourself together, don't know what your prob is!")

Anyway, love my life and my family, miss my Mum dreadfully, we were best friends, but all in all life is good and I am pleased to have found Mumsnet!

3mummy x

emmatmg Tue 22-Feb-05 17:42:28

welcome 3mummy

enjoy RL while you can coz once mumsnet has her claws into you, that's it........there is no more RL

spagblog Tue 22-Feb-05 17:48:15

Hi there 3mummy!

I too have 2 x MILs. Up to last year I had 3, but that is another story altogether.

Sorry to hear that your mum is no longer with you. DH lost his Dad just before we got married and it pains him to think that he never saw DH happily married with children.
I'm 28 and have a DD of 3 and a DS of almost 10 months.
Look forward to chatting to you

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 22-Feb-05 17:49:12

Welcome to mumsnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now