Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Lucycat introduces herself formally!!

(31 Posts)
Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 13:48:04

Hello all, I've been posting on here for just 10 short weeks and after killing a couple of threads today, I decided that I'd better do the decent thing and introduce myself properly!

I'm 34 (I think!)have 2 gorgeous dd's aged 4.10 and 1.10, I'm a SAHM having been a secondary school teacher in a former life, until I saw the light.
Born and bred in Cheshire, love Manchester City, red wine and cups of tea (not always in that order!) and I am addicted to MN already. (especially word association and 'the bar' threads!)

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 13:52:50

Welcome Lucycat! I have 2 dds also - 3 and 1 yr.
Are you thinking of having another?

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 13:54:32

Nope quite happy with my 2! it's the practical things like a 3 bed house / small car oh yes and sleep of course! Now we've got it back I'm not losing it again!!
What about you almost?

littlemissbossy Tue 22-Feb-05 13:56:54

A Man City supporter - oh well I suppose they've got to have at least one!
Welcome to mumsnet

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 13:58:18

It's constantly in my mind - to have a third or not to - that is the question. . . DH really wanted another, but as time passes, he's going off the idea, I think. I'm 38 and feel like I don't have much time, but am happy with the status quo. I've also been killing a lot of threads lately. Don't know why.

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:01:47

Perhaps it's when we post! a quiet time, either that or what I type isn't very exciting!! and people can't be bothered to respond.

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:09:38

I've killed my own thread - how sad. Is it too early to open the wine?

kernowcat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:11:02

probably how about tea and cake?

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:11:40

Sorry, Lucycat. I'll do the honors of killing your thread. I was busy on the Le Creuset thread. I'm the U.S. and am at work right now, so no wine for me . . . yet.

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:13:43

Ok then tea and cake it is - probably wouldn't be great to go to collect dd1 from school drunk! - that would get them talking in the playground though!

Whereabouts in the US are you? Couldn't give KateandtheGirls a nudge could you?

littlemissbossy Tue 22-Feb-05 14:14:46

LOL it's never too early to open the wine IMO

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:17:35

Ok then I'll let it breathe while I go to school! should be just right for a bar thread this evening!!

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:17:40

I'm in our nation's capital - land of the horrid Dubyah Bush - far north of Florida, but in the same time zone. I think KATG is probably enjoying that box of condoms right now.

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:19:25

LMB, a little cyber-wine at work just after breakfast can't hurt, can it?

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 14:19:30

Nice to chat almost. Got to get dd2 out of bed or she'll never go to sleep this evening! See you soon.

Are you a 'real' American or an ex-pat?

almost40 Tue 22-Feb-05 14:21:21

I'm the 'real' thing, not an ex-pat. Go get DD2 then, and we'll pass a bottle around and welcome you to mumsnet after you return. I'm sure I'll still be here. . .

Lucycat Tue 22-Feb-05 19:14:54

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I can't have the computer on when dd2 is around as she wants to 'do puter too'!! Sun's over the yardarm here so the bottle's open!

Dahlia Tue 22-Feb-05 19:26:27

Hi Lucycat, do you still live up North then? I live in south manchester.

Frizbe Tue 22-Feb-05 19:31:06

Hello lucycat, can't stop as off out in a bit, but hi anyway!

marthamoo Tue 22-Feb-05 19:35:59

Very pleased to make your acquaintance, Lucycat (that's me being formal in response to your formal introduction).

Technically, I'm a City fan too (but really that was a decision made at the age of 10 to give my brother and I yet another thing to fight about - he's a lifelong Red). I'm born and bred in Manchester and live in Cheshire now, Macclesfield to be precise.

See you around!

Xena Tue 22-Feb-05 19:51:26

Hi Lucycat I'm fairly new too although its my 2nd name (sophie10) and am also addicted to MNet

Lucycat Wed 23-Feb-05 12:30:21

Dahlia, yes I do still live 'up north' Stockport to be precise, not that far from Macclesfield really Marthamoo!

Being a City fan seems to be something that you have no control over - it's inbred! It makes life hard though sometimes - that's when the red wine comes in handy

katierocket Wed 23-Feb-05 12:46:44

hello lucycat - I'm stockport way too. (I'm also marthamoo's stalker but that's another story )

Lucycat Wed 23-Feb-05 12:51:43

Do you stalk her in RL or just on MN? is she a worthy stalkee? Can anybody do it? Is there a club? poor marthamoo she'll be getting paranoid now

katierocket Wed 23-Feb-05 12:53:02

no I only stalk her on MN but I do want to go and live in Rainow which is obviously fairly near to Macc and then I could stalk her in RL too! Feel free to join in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now