Talk

Advanced search

brentwood, essex

(35 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Mon 21-Feb-05 22:39:51

Hi any mums in the area???????

nutnut Wed 23-Feb-05 16:09:56

mmmchocolate I know just how you feel. Shame we can't put our kids into a virtual play area whilst we all cyber chat

morningmayhem Wed 23-Feb-05 16:45:47

mmmmchocolate do you drive?
There is a really small mums and baby/toddler group that meets on a Wednesday morning that I go to.
I have been to quite a few and this is the only one I like.
Most mums have babies or young toddlers so its a really quiet and relaxed group and as its such a small group most mums just sit on the floor together and play with their babies and chat to each other if you want more details just let me know

mmmmchocolate Thu 24-Feb-05 10:31:23

I'm learning to drive, so hopefully once i can will open a few more windows for me and poppy. Thinking of joining a swimming scheme for babies 6months +. Does anyone go to one???? Baffeled on what you can teach a 6 month old and would it just be worth just going to the free time session??? Where is your group mm?

morningmayhem Thu 24-Feb-05 11:05:33

Hi my group is in Blackmore
The Brentwood centre holds a baby swimming club Info Here Ongar also has one.
What clinic do you go to? the one off Ongar road I think its little Highwood used to have a list of groups and clubs on Their notice board

morningmayhem Thu 24-Feb-05 11:14:25

I think there will be more opportunity for you and Poppy to interact with the other parents and babies If you go to a club then if you just went for a free swim. I think it depends what you want to get out of it.

Hillsy Thu 24-Feb-05 11:36:39

Hi all, Im learning to drive too. It's a nightmare at the mo, not easy to get anywhere without a car!! Public transport and babies just don't mix! I want to take my ds swimming but not the best idea when u have to walk home in this weather. I think i will have to return to the mother and baby group and give it another try. After reading a few of the messages, it appears that perserverance is the key, I hope!!

morningmayhem Thu 24-Feb-05 11:41:33

Good luck with those groups Hillsy

Hillsy Thu 24-Feb-05 11:53:29

Thanks mm. U never know when Im driving I may bump into u all at the Brentood centre

mmmmchocolate Thu 24-Feb-05 20:37:25

mm i do go to highwood clinic but have asked them and they haven't got any info..... Pretty useless really don't even find the healht visitors very helpful either, Rubbish advice and always seem to hurry your questions i've stopped asking them now and just post on here. Gonna join swimming class so hopefully will meet nice mummys there....

user1488494432 Fri 03-Mar-17 14:51:52

Hi Ladies.

I am just about to add a brand new Parent and Toddler class in the 'things to do' page, this chat popped up so thought i would let you know. Its a brand new class starting (so no clicks, for all those worried). Head over to our FB page to take a peak. Hope to see you there. Feel free to get in contact if you have any questions.
www.facebook.com/learnplaygrowromford/

Best wishes
Nicola Richardson
nicola@learnplaygrow.co.uk

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »