Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

brentwood, essex

(35 Posts)
mmmmchocolate Mon 21-Feb-05 22:39:51

Hi any mums in the area???????

eidsvold Tue 22-Feb-05 06:33:28

mmmmmm chocolate - what a shame I used to live near Chelmsford until we moved back to Aus. There are some who live colchester way!!

morningmayhem Tue 22-Feb-05 06:44:11

Hello, I live very near to Brentwood, but I think I'm the only one.

Hillsy Tue 22-Feb-05 21:28:03

Hi, I live in Billericay. I have a DS who is 13 months. Would like to know of any groups or other ways of meeting mums in this area, although I don't drive so quite difficult to get anywhere other than in Billericay!!

nutnut Tue 22-Feb-05 21:29:20

I live within driving distance to Brentwood!!! 1 dd 1 yr

Hillsy Tue 22-Feb-05 21:34:09

Hi nutnut, Do u live in Billericay or Brentwood? Do u take your dd to any groups?

nutnut Tue 22-Feb-05 21:37:12

Hi Hillsy - No, I live in Southend (ashamed to admit). Don't go to any groups. Tried one for a couple of months but felt intimidated as very cliquey. I am looking for another group at the moment tho......

Hillsy Tue 22-Feb-05 21:43:36

That's exactly how I felt when I went to one the other week! Haven't been back!!

fee77 Tue 22-Feb-05 21:43:57

Hi i'm an essex girl too - Hornchurch

Hillsy Tue 22-Feb-05 21:49:46

Hi fee, have u got a ds or dd? How old?

mmmmchocolate Tue 22-Feb-05 22:00:43

Hi, nice to know there are local mums out there. I like in brentwood with DD (6MONTHS)and would like to be able to do more things with her.. But Clinic and library seem rubbish and holding information, don't really know how to find groups, classes, meets etc etc.

fee77 Tue 22-Feb-05 22:01:21

DD - 16 mths and has just started walking yippee!!

mmmmchocolate Tue 22-Feb-05 22:04:46

Hi Fee, congrats on walking. Do you stay at home with DD?

nutnut Wed 23-Feb-05 08:48:48

Morning all

Congrats Fee on dd walking

I am a sahm - anyone else???

morningmayhem Wed 23-Feb-05 09:03:15

Hi Girls I'm a stay at home mum I have got 4 children they are 6,4,2 and 1. My 4 yr old has just started school . I do go to a couple of toddler groups, but I do find them really difficult as nobody talks to me and I'm not really the kind of person to walk up to a group of mums( they all sit round in their little groups)
Has anybody tried NCT coffee mornings, I don't know if I should try one out?

nutnut Wed 23-Feb-05 09:07:38

Hi morningmayhem, 4 children??? I struggle with the 1!!!!
Why are groups like this? We can't be the only ones struggling for somewhere to meet. I haven't tried an NCT group but I'm going to make more of an effort to find somewhere else. I don't have any friends with babies so don't have any word of mouth recommendations.

morningmayhem Wed 23-Feb-05 09:25:59

I think if it were my toddler group I would introduce any new mums to the group at least that way it would be easier to sit down and chat with them. I’m hoping if I carry on long enough people will remember me and hopefully make some new friends (that sounds really sad lol)

nutnut Wed 23-Feb-05 09:53:10

I would do that too, you are brave for sticking it out in the same group. Now you have inspired me to go back to our one and wait for new people too - sound like a weirdo eh?

nutnut Wed 23-Feb-05 09:54:55

My laptop is misbehaving so I'm signing off now - don't want you thinking i'm being rude and ignoring you all x

fee77 Wed 23-Feb-05 15:11:20

Hi - yes i am SAHM and love it!! I did go to some NCT coffee mornings and everyone was really friendly, but they all seemed to have older children. I am lucky in that my clinic ran some post natal classes so a group of us got together and have been friends since. We meet up once a week. But i have also joined other groups and go along to just get out the house. People do tend to just talk to their friends which is a shame, so i either sit by myself (billy no mates) or play with dd.

bunny2 Wed 23-Feb-05 15:14:01

fee - see you are from hornchurch, me too originally. Were you at Emerson Pk?

woodpops Wed 23-Feb-05 15:27:59

My mum grew up in Pilgrams Hatch. That's fairly close isn't it?? From what I can remember of visits as a child

morningmayhem Wed 23-Feb-05 15:32:45

Yes thats right Pilgrams Hatch is only 5 minutes away

woodpops Wed 23-Feb-05 15:35:23

Coxtide (sp) Green Road.

mmmmchocolate Wed 23-Feb-05 15:49:56

i'm on the ongar road, which coxie gree road is off.. I am a new stay at home mum and would love to join groups but i am too shy and scared i will just be sitting on my own.. i'm not a very confident person. my dd is 6 months and would love to make new friends she has a few but seems its always me that suggests meeting and calling them, makes me feel that i am just being a nusience. Prob being silly though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: