Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

Hello from Leicester

(14 Posts)
bamboo Wed 02-Feb-05 22:10:42

I've a dd aged 2.5 and used Mumsnet quite a lot for advice in the early days. Have found myself increasingly drawn back as am expecting again and seems rude not to say hi before probably bombarding people with questions!

colditzmum Wed 02-Feb-05 22:17:46

Ay-up, from Melton Mowbray! I have a 22 month old ds. There's quite a few East-Midlanders now!

KathH Wed 02-Feb-05 22:27:36

Am from Wigston - 4 kids dd12, dd8, ds6 and ds 4 mths. Feeling slightly frazzled around the edges. Where in Leicester are you?

bamboo Wed 02-Feb-05 22:32:51

Small world - just down the road in Oadby! I think I kind of assumed mumsnetters were all in the SE!

colditzmum Wed 02-Feb-05 22:34:31

<<<<<I think most of them are from the south east, I feel very much the bumpkin round here sometimes!>>>>>

KathH Wed 02-Feb-05 22:36:26

they probably think Leicester's oop north!

colditzmum Wed 02-Feb-05 22:38:28

They think we all spend our days slaughtering foxes and making pies out of the remains, yukyukyuk.

Not that I've got am inferiority complex or anything.....

bonkerz Wed 02-Feb-05 22:52:46

Im in Earl Shilton!

poppyseed Wed 02-Feb-05 23:57:41

Whetstone here!

BEKsmum Thu 03-Feb-05 09:20:49

Sorry, this made me lol, I'm from the south east and you're quite right most people think anywhere past the M25 is up north. We even have a thing about north londoners!!!

Just to reassure you I'm not quite so narrow minded my dad owned a transport co. so I've been virtually all over the country and to show how open minded I really am for a SE london girl, my dh is from Wales and thankfully that's where the outlaws still live

Colditzmum, you do don't you?!!!! Still can't be worse than SE london's traditional pie & mash, at least you know what's in your pies

woodpops Mon 07-Feb-05 10:07:47

Greetings from Nottingham

bayleaf Sat 07-May-05 20:16:04

Nice to see there are more Mumsnetters in and around Leicester thee days ( I was an avid mumsnetter 2-3 years ago then had a break)as there were never enough to even get a meet up properly off the ground in the old days...
I'm in between Leics and Melton. dd is 4 and I'm pregnant.

Mhamai Sat 07-May-05 20:55:32

Howdy doody, not from up North in Dublin so more like across the pond! anywho welcome back and congrats on the pregnancy

colditz Sat 07-May-05 21:40:06

Hey, bayleaf, where are you then? Are you in Syston?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now