Talk

Advanced search

Bear in mind that this is a public forum that anybody with internet access can read. You may wish to limit the amount of personally-identifiable information you disclose.

New to Mumsnet, thought I'd say hello

(16 Posts)
BEKsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 19:13:44

Hello all,

My name is Tracey and I'm 30 and live in Bromley, Kent. I have a little boy who will be 3 in March and to prove he hasn't driven me completely insane I'm even thinking about trying for another little darling sometime this year!

My husband showed me this site after searching for something else for me and now I'm hooked.

I'm lucky enough to be a stay at home mum so if anyone fancies meeting up for a coffee or to feed the ducks in Kelsey park etc, I'd love to hear from you.

Merlin Wed 02-Feb-05 19:15:32

Welcome Beksmum!!! What a thoughtful DH you have in finding this site! I'm in Bournemouth so a meetup is not practical - have a look at the meet-up threads - there's bound to be one in your area. Speak to you soon.

RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 19:16:15

hello BEKsmum

I am not in Bromley, but thought I would say hello

There are some mnetters in bromley

so if they dont appear straight away then keep posting and they will find you

welcome to the most addictive site in the world

BEKsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 19:20:22

Wow that was quick, thanks for the messages, I can't belive how addictive this is.

pussnboots Wed 02-Feb-05 19:20:34

oooh kelsey park! i remember that - we lived near there years ago. it was great for pushing a pushchair round. welcome to mn.

Merlin Wed 02-Feb-05 19:20:55

your Dh may live to regret telling you about us .......

RTKangaMummy Wed 02-Feb-05 19:22:22

honestly you wont move

do housework

ironing

or anything

soon you will be saying to DH

Did you know ????

And it will be something you found out on here

or start talking about us like long lost friends

BEKsmum Wed 02-Feb-05 19:26:52

I think he is already regretting it, but as I've been a computer widow for the last 11 years it's about time I got my own back!!!

Strangely enough RTKangaMummy, I have a huge mountain of ironing I'm supposed to be doing this evening but I have a feeling it might just have to wait.

I supoose I'd better go and cook dh some dinner as he's just put ds to bed. Thanks for making me so welcome and hope we'll speak soon.

doggiewalker Wed 02-Feb-05 19:28:19

Hi !!!!!

moondog Wed 02-Feb-05 19:30:03

Hi BEKSmum!
Your dh sounds suspiciously like mine. Now he knows how I felt all those years he was tapping away behind his office door doing work (or at least he told me it was work....!)

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 02-Feb-05 19:33:29

He'll regret showing it to you when you become hooked.

Welcome

wanda Wed 02-Feb-05 19:44:33

I'm newish too. Is it protocol to introduce yourself? I didn't!!!! My Dh introduced me too and I'm slowly getting hooked. he thinks I'm looking for a holiday at the moment. Anyway I live in the Midlands and Have a Dd aged 5 and Ds aged 4 months.

moondog Wed 02-Feb-05 19:47:44

I'm newish and I didn't either wanda (although my habit of letting it all,literally speaking, hang out has ensured that people probably know more about me than they ever wanted to...)
Hello to you too!

MistressMary Wed 02-Feb-05 20:11:01

Hello I'm in the west country here, but do have an Auntie in Orpington.
Have fun here, it's is truly addictive you have been warned!

Joolstoo Wed 02-Feb-05 20:12:28

Hiya! welcome

marj Wed 02-Feb-05 20:49:45

Welcome to MN. I have only been using this site for a couple of weeks, but already I spend far too much time on here!
I live in south wales and have a ds who is 20 months old.
Hope your dh is ready for some lonely evenings!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now